Muhammara Recipe (Syrian Red Pepper Dip)
Muhammara is a tasty roasted red pepper dip from Aleppo, Syria. This classic Muhammara recipe is made with roasted red peppers, walnuts and olive oil.
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Total Time10 minutes mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoon bread crumbs
- 1 cup walnuts
- 4 roasted red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 lemon juice of
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper less if you want it less spicy
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- ½ tsp salt
Place the walnuts and bread crumbs in a food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
Add in roasted red peppers, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, cumin, Aleppo pepper, pomegranate molasses and salt. Blend for one to two minutes until all the ingredients are well combined.
Scrape the edges and blend again for another 20 seconds.
Serve cool with vegetables, pita chips, or pita crackers.
- To make pomegranate molasses at home, simmer pomegranate juice until it's reduced to a syrup consistency. Cool it and use it in recipes such as this one.
- Using quality olive oil is important for this recipe and it gives depth to the flavors.
- Refrigerate the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg