Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Peanut butter banana bread is a simple banana bread recipe that everyone loves. This moist banana bread with peanut butter is super simple and delicious.
Servings: 8 servings
- ½ stick unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix melted unsalted butter, peanut butter and sugar until creamy.
Add in eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
Mix in mashed bananas.
Add butter milk and stir well.
Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt and all purpose flour. Mix using a wooden spoon until well combined. Don't over mix the batter.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with very few crumbs.
Let the peanut butter banana bread cool completely before slicing.
- To make butter milk, mix ⅓ cup milk with ½ tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar. You can also use Greek yogurt instead of buttermilk.
- The riper the bananas, the moister the banana bread is going to be. Use bananas that are completely ripe and have brown spots all over them.
- To make peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread add ¾ cup chocolate chips to the batter at the end and fold in gently.
- You can use wither creamy or chunky peanut butter for this recipe. If using natural peanut butter, make sure you stir it completely before using.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature for better results.
- Check the banana bread after 45 minutes of baking and if the top is brown but the middle is still doughy, cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 292mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 2mg