Caramel Brownies Recipe
Let's talk caramel brownies! Fudgy chocolate brownies with a caramel swirl that will make you want to eat the whole pan! These caramel brownies are super good!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 8 oz semi sweet-chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup caramel sauce
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
Melt butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Stir every 15 seconds to make sure it won't burn.
Add in granulated sugar and brown sugar and mix very well.
Add in eggs and mix well.
Add flour and stir well until no lumps left.
Pour the batter into the baking pan.
Pour the caramel sauce over the batter and swirl using a knife.
Bake for about 23-25 minutes until the edges are set and the center is almost done.
Let the brownies cool completely before slicing.
- You can use salted caramel sauce or candies to make salted caramel brownies.
- It's very important to mix the brownie batter very well. You want every bit of sugar and flour completely mixed in within the batter.
- For caramel pecan brownies add ½ cup chopped pecans to the brownie batter.
- Be sure not to overcook homemade brownies. To make sure that the brownies are cooked enough, check after twenty minutes of baking. You're looking for set edges and a semi soft center (not raw).
- These brownies will be so good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with more caramel sauce!
How to make caramel brownies with caramel candies
This is a different approach to make chocolate caramel brownies which is really tasty and super easy as well:
- Unwrap ten ounces of KRAFT caramel and place them in a sauce pan with ⅓ cup evaporated milk over medium heat. Stir constantly until the caramels are melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Add in brown and granulated sugar to the melted butter mixture and mix well.
- Add in eggs one after another and combine well.
- Mix in the flour and pour the batter into the prepare baking pan.
- Pour melted caramel on the brownies and swirl with a knife.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the edges are set. Let cool completely before slicing.
Calories: 442kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 79mg | Potassium: 217mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 469IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg