Traditional Greek Salad Recipe
Here is a traditional Greek salad recipe, requiring just a few ingredients. It's the perfect starter or side dish for a Mediterranean meal.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Roma tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 cup kalamata olives cut in half
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 3 Persian cucumbers cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into rings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 8 oz creamy feta cheese sliced
Place tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion, Persian cucumbers and green bell pepper in a large bowl.
Add salt, pepper and oregano to the vegetables and mix well.
Add the olive oil and toss all the vegetables. Add more olive oil if needed.
Transfer the salad into a serving plate and top with chunks of feta cheese.
Serve immediately or cold.
- Don't crumble the feta! Traditionally, the feta is cut into slices and placed on the salad before serving.
- Since Greek salad is a simple salad made with a handful of fresh ingredients, it's important that all your ingredients are high quality.
- If you cannot find Persian or mini cucumbers, use English cucumbers but discard the seeds.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 821mg | Potassium: 295mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 803IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg