Best Ever Beef Shish Kabob
An easy beef shish kabobs recipe that's packed with amazing flavors. Learn all the tips and tricks for making the best shish kabobs at home.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- 1 lb beef sirloin tip cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
- 2 onions cut into chunks
- 2 bell peppers cut into chunks
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, paprika and turmeric in a large bowl.
Add in beef chunks and using tongs, mix them well so they're covered with the marinade.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to 8 hours.
Turn on the grill and set it to high heat. Take the marinated meat out of the fridge and place it on the counter to come to room temperature.
Thread the beef chunks and vegetables on skewers, alternating between the meat and the vegetables. Sprinkle with a little salt.
Grill the beef shish kabobs for 4 minutes on each side for medium and 5-6 minutes on each side for medium well or well.
Serve warm with different side dishes (see the post for side suggestions)
Make the marinate and marinade the beef chunks for 4 to 8 hours.
Turn on broiler to high. Place the prepared skewers on a baking sheet lines with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray.
Broil 3 inches from the broiler for about 7-8 minutes on each side or until they're cooked.
- Beef shish kabob is best served right after cooking. However, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container and reheat on the stove or microwave for a short time.
- If grilling steak kabobs, make sure the grill is on high heat since the you want to cook the meat on high heat for a short time to get the best texture and flavor.
- You can use either metal or wooden skewers. If using wooden skewers, make sure to submerge them in water for 30 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- If you would like the vegetables to be completely tender and fully cooked, thread them on separated skewers since their cooking time is different from the beef.
- Is it your first time making shish kabobs? Prepare and grill one skewer first, try it to make sure you like the tenderness and texture of the meat before grilling the rest.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 647mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 2146IU | Vitamin C: 94mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 3mg