Grilled Alaska Halibut with Spicy Mango Salsa
Learn how to grill Alaska halibut perfectly at home. Serve grilled halibut with spicy mango salsa for a celebration of flavors.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 lb Alaska halibut skinless
- 1 lemon juice of
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
Spicy Mango Salsa
- 1 mango finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ½ jalapeno seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 lime juice of
- ½ teaspoon salt
Mix lemon juice, black pepper, chili pepper, cumin, salt and olive oil in a bowl and pour it over Alaska halibut. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat the grill (or the grill pan) over medium heat. Once hot, place the marinated halibut fillet on the grill and grill for 5 minutes.
Flip the fish and grill on the other side for another five minutes.
Serve with spicy mango salsa.
Spicy mango salsa
Mix diced mango, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno in a bowl.
Add lime juice and salt to the salsa and stir well.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- You can serve this dish as tacos with some sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes.
- To grill the fish on an outdoor grill preheat the grill to medium high (about 400°F) and once it's hot, place the marinated halibut on the grates. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side until the fish is firm and flakes easily.
- Leave out the jalapeno if you don't like the salsa to be spicy. You can use other hot peppers such as red chili or serrano pepper.
Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1325mg | Potassium: 1393mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 2511IU | Vitamin C: 123mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg