Turkey Gravy Recipe without Drippings
Don't have enough drippings to make gravy for everyone? This Turkey Gravy Recipe Without Drippings will make enough gravy for a crowd!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 10 tbsp Unsalted Butter 1 1/2 stick
- 6 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Dried Thyme or 2 tbsp fresh chopped thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 cups Turkey Broth or chicken broth
Place a pot on the stove and turn the heat on to medium.
Add the butter to the pot, stir until almost melted. Turn the heat to medium low.
Add flour and whisk well for about 5 minutes until it starts smelling nutty and changing colors.
Add in onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and salt. Stir well.
Add 1/4 cup of broth slowly to the mixture, stir well until it forms a paste. Then add the rest of the broth very slowly and stir constantly to avoid lumps.
Once all the broth is mixed, turn the heat to medium and stir until the gravy starts simmering and has thickened to your liking, about 10 minutes.
Serve warm with mashed potatoes.
- You can make this no-drippings gravy 4 days ahead of time and store it in a jar or an airtight container.
- Keep watching the flour while cooking it with butter to avoid burning.
- If you like the gravy to be darker, you can brown the butter, cook the flour longer or use beef stock.