Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts
Banana bread muffins are everyone's favorite. These easy banana bread muffins are perfect as breakfast or midday snack.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with liners.
Whisk the granulated sugar and vegetable oil together until combined.
Add in the egg and mix very well until fully combined.
Add in mashed bananas and mix well.
Add in all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine using a wooden spoon.
Fold in the chopped walnuts. Don't over mix the batter.
Divide the batter between the liners and fill 2/3 of each muffin liner.
Bake the banana bread muffins in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean with a few crumbs.
Let cool in the tin for seven to ten minutes and then serve.
- Ripe bananas are always the best to use to make these banana muffins. They give more sweetness and better texture.
- Don't over mix the batter, a few lumps in the batter are totally fine.
- You can store these muffins in an airtight container for up to four days.
- If you don't like nuts in the muffins, you can leave them out or chop them very finely.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 76mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 39IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg