Mexican Breakfast Bowl Recipe
An easy and tasty Mexican-inspired breakfast bowl made with fresh ingredients. Delicious scrambled eggs and home fries make a tasty bowl with fresh avocado and tomatoes.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 4 eggs lightly whisked
- ½ cup CHI-CHI's Fiesta Style Chile Tomatillo Verde Salsa
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 golden potatoes diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 can black beans 15 oz
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup tomatoes I used baby tomatoes
- ⅓ cup cilantro
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add a little salt and pepper
Pour the eggs into the hot pan and slowly scramble them.
Once the eggs are almost cooked, add in the salsa and mix well. Turn the heat off and set the eggs aside.
In another pan heat the remaining olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until golden and translucent.
Add in diced potatoes and fry them until fully cooked. Add in salt, pepper and cumin.
Meanwhile, rinse and drain the black beans and set them aside.
Place the eggs in the bowl on one side, place the black beans next to the eggs and then the potatoes and onions.
Top with a little sour cream on the side, next to beans and then some sliced avocados, fresh diced tomatoes and cilantro.
- I love to have salsa scrambled eggs, but you can also make sunny side up eggs, hard boiled eggs, or poached eggs and serve with salsa on the side.
- You can use sweet potatoes instead of yellow potatoes.
- If you like the potatoes spicy, add ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper to them while frying.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight glass container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Calories: 951kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 347mg | Sodium: 1179mg | Potassium: 2216mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2014IU | Vitamin C: 49mg | Calcium: 225mg | Iron: 11mg