Sauteed Shrimp Mediterranean Style
This easy Mediterranean style sauteed shrimp recipe is packed with fresh flavors. The aromatic blend of spices will make you feel like you’re dining in Spain or Greece without leaving your house.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 leek white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 cups Minute Ready to Serve Brown Rice
Place the shrimp in a large bowl.
Mix salt, oregano, paprika and cumin. Mix half of the spice mix with shrimp and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan. saute onion until soft.
Add garlic, leek and yellow bell pepper to the onion. Add the spices and saute until softens.
Add in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in lemon juice and capers.
Add the shrimp and cook for a 3-5 minutes. Flip halfway until pink on all sides.
Serve with Minute® Ready to Serve Rice.
- It’s important to know that shrimp cooks very quickly, sometimes in less than five minutes. Keep a close eye when on your pan when cooking the shrimp and turn the heat off the moment the shrimps turn pink on both sides.
- If you’re looking for a side salad, our Mediterranean salad would go very well with this dish.
- I suggest you have this dish fresh since the shrimp’s flavor is best when served right away. However, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight glass container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, it’s best to heat it in a skillet and not for too long.
- I used peeled and deveined tail-on shrimp to make this dish. You may also use tail-off shrimp.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 286mg | Sodium: 1241mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1447IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 228mg | Iron: 4mg