25+ Authentic Turkish Recipes
Check out our delicious authentic Turkish recipes! From breakfast to appetizers and main dishes, we've got you covered. These are healthy recipes and many of them are also vegetarian. If you're looking for new and delicious recipes to try, you've got to give these recipes a try! Here is a recipe for Turkish tomato salad called Gavurdagi. Check out all the other recipes above.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 Italian green pepper diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 Persian cucumbers diced
- ¾ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 4 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt
Place the chopped tomatoes, green Italian pepper, onion, cucumbers, walnuts and parsley in a large bowl and mix well.
Mix olive oil, pomegranate molasses, sumac and salt in a small bowl and pour it over the salad.
Mix well and cover the salad with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
- Persian cucumbers have less seed than English cucumbers therefore they're perfect for this tomato salad.
- The tomatoes you're going to use for this recipe should be firm and plump. Soft tomatoes will release their juice easier.
- If pomegranate molasses is not available, a splash of balsamic vinegar would work, too.
- You can add more chopped walnuts to this tomato salad if you would like it to be more crunchy.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 311mg | Potassium: 477mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 2746IU | Vitamin C: 70mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg