Molten Chocolate Cake
Molten Chocolate Cake is such a delicious classic! It's moist and so chocolaty and when you cut into it, luscious chocolate oozes out!
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate I used baking chocolate
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 400 F.
Coat 2 ramekins with non-stick spray.
Melt chocolate and butter in microwave until smooth.
Add powdered sugar and stir.
Add egg and egg yolk and mix completely.
Add flour and cocoa powder and stir until incorporated.
Divide between the ramekins and bake for 13 minutes until firm on the edges and jiggly in the center.
Let cool for 2 minutes, loosen the cake from the edges and invert it onto a serving plate.
Top with some powdered sugar.
- Instead of using a non stick spray, you can coat the ramekins with butter and dust cocoa powder at the bottom and on the walls of the ramekins.
- You can serve chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, strawberries or raspberries.
- To save time, make the batter ahead of time and bake it in the ramekins right before serving. Make sure the batter is at room temperature.
- Thirteen minutes is perfect timing to make sure the lava cake is firm on the outside and on the inside!
Calories: 589kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 241mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 948IU | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg