Italian Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce
Italian baked eggs are great for the weekends. This breakfast egg recipe is delicious and is cooked in the most amazing tomato sauce.
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 ½ cup La San Marzano Marinara Sauce
- 1 tbsp capers
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 6 sliced Italian bread to serve
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Heat olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Once the olive oil is hot, saute onion and bell pepper until they are gold.
Add in La San Marzano tomato sauce and stir well.
Add in capers and make wells in the tomato sauce.
Break one egg into each well and top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Serve warm with toasted Italian bread.