Oven Baked Salmon with Olives and Capers
The best ever oven baked salmon is here! Flaky and moist Alaska salmon with olives and capers on a bed of vegetables is the best weeknight dinner!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 lb Alaska salmon skin on
- 2 red onions sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ⅔ cup green olives and Kalamata olives sliced
- ¼ cup capers
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
Place the side of Alaska salmon skin side down on the baking sheet.
Place the sliced onions and cherry tomatoes all around the salmon.
Drizzle olive oil on the veggies and a little bit on the Alaska salmon.
Sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano on the salmon, onions and tomatoes.
Add olives and capers to the Alaska salmon and veggies.
Place the lemon slices on the salmon.
Bake in the oven for about 22-25 minutes until the Alaska salmon is opaque and flaky. The internal temperature in the thickest part should be 145F.
- It's important not to over bake salmon as the fish will get dry and chewy. Ideal oven baked Alaska salmon is moist and flaky.
- For this recipe, we used a side of Alaska salmon and sliced it after cooking. If you prefer fillets, you can simply make oven baked salmon fillet by following the same instructions in the recipe.
- Herbs work perfectly in this recipe. For more flavor add some parsley and dill to the salmon once it's baked.
- Since this salmon recipe comes together in only 30 minutes and is packed with amazing flavors, it's a great option for busy weeknight dinners. As the Alaska salmon is baking, make a quick salad and you'll have a full meal.
- If you would like to cook frozen salmon, simply thaw it in the fridge overnight and then proceed with this recipe. Do not thaw salmon in the microwave.
Calories: 509kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 62g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 1704mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg