Menemen Turkish Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe
Menemen is a traditional Turkish breakfast recipe made with tomatoes and eggs. Learn how to make menemen at home with a few ingredients.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 4 roma tomatoes finely chopped or grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 eggs
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
Saute onion until translucent. Add in green pepper and cook until soft.
Add in the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until they are soft and some of the water is evaporated.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the eggs to the tomatoes. Cook and stir occasionally until the eggs are just cooked and mixed with the tomatoes.
Serve immediately with bread.
- To make Kasarli menemen, sliced or grated kasar(kashar) cheese to the menemen at the very end and stir gently until it's melted.
- You can make menemen recipe with feta. Sprinkle feta or white cheese on the menemen right before serving.