Mediterranean Baked Dijon Salmon Recipe
An easy salmon recipe with so much flavor, this dijon salmon recipe is a family favorite. This baked salmon is juicy, tender and very easy to make.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1.5 lb salmon
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 lemon sliced
Heat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the salmon skin side down on the baking sheet.
In a small bowl, mix dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, dill, garlic and capers.
Slather the salmon with the dijon mixture using a silicon brush. Top with a few lemon slices if desired.
Bake dijon salmon in the oven for 18-23 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. The salmon is ready once it's light in color and flakes easily with a fork.
- I used honey dijon mustard for this recipe but you can also use regular dijon mustard.
- Make sure not to over bake the salmon otherwise it'll become very dry. Salmon is completely cooked when it's opaque and an instant thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers at 145ºF.
- You can serve this dish with salads such as Mediterranean salad or with starchier sides like Mediterranean potato salad or Persian dill rice.
- It's best to consume the salmon the day you cook it. However, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can use the leftover salmon in salads.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 512mg | Potassium: 911mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 83IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg