Mediterranean Oven Roasted Vegetables
Mediterranean style oven roasted vegetables are so simple, yet hearty and delicious. They make for a wonderful side dish that's packed with flavor.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 red onion cut into big chunks
- 10-12 small red and yellow peppers
- 2 zucchinis cut in half and sliced
- 1 lb baby potatoes cut in half
- 12 oz grape tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon oregano or thyme
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat with non stick spray.
Place all the vegetables in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Add paprika, oregano, minced garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice and sumac to the vegetables. Stir well using a large spoon to make sure all the vegetables are coated with spices.
Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet in one single layer.
Roast the vegetables in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
- You can double and triple this recipe to make oven roasted vegetables for a crowd. Make sure you also double and triple the amount of spices and olive oil.
- Don't chop the vegetables, especially the onions too small. Tender vegetables like onion cook quicker therefore always cut them into bigger chunks so they don't brown quickly.
- Don't overlap the vegetables. Make sure vegetables are in one single layer. This helps them cook evenly and end up with some crispy edges and fully cooked.
- If in season, butternut squash and acorn squash are also great for roasting.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 313mg | Potassium: 1054mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1168IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg