The Best Mediterranean Salad Recipe
This Mediterranean salad is loaded with fresh vegetables such as cucumbers, tomatoes and herbs. This fresh salad is flavored with a delicious dressing.
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 Persian cucumbers sliced
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup artichoke hearts halved
- 1 cup parsley chopped
Mediterranean Salad Dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, place cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, artichoke hearts and parsley.
Using two spoons, lightly mix the vegetables and put the bowl in the refrigerator.
Make the Mediterranean salad dressing by mixing olive oil, lemon, sumac, garlic, salt and pepper in a mason jar or a small bowl.
Pour the dressing over salad and mix well.
- Marinated artichokes would work very well for this recipe and add a lot of flavor.
- It's best to use pitted kalamata olives for this recipe but you can also use pitted or stuffed jarred green olives.
- Serve this salad with rice dishes such as mujaddara or tomato rice. You can also serve this easy salad with Middle Eastern and Mediterranean main dishes such as Shish tawook, Mediterranena chicken or Beef shish kabob.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 496mg | Potassium: 421mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2576IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg