Mediterranean chicken is a delicious recipe for weeknight dinners. This sheet pan chicken and potatoes is ready in thirty minutes and is full of Mediterranean flavors.
Mediterranean recipes have a special place in our meal planning. Greek chicken souvlaki, chicken shawarma and chicken shish tawook are some of the easy Mediterranean recipes that we make regularly. This sheet pan Mediterranean chicken has recently become a favorite of ours as well. It’s made in one sheet pan and is so simple to make.
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
Winner winner, chicken dinner! There is never enough chicken recipes out there. We make this Mediterranean chicken breast recipe at least twice a month in our home because it requires very little hands on time. Juicy chicken breast flavored with garlic, onion, lemon and olive oil makes a great quick lunch or dinner in no time. This is an easy chicken breast recipe that you can turn to when you don’t know what to make for dinner.
Everything is cooked at the same time when it comes to sheet pan dinners. To make this sheet pan chicken recipe, I simply placed all the ingredients on the sheet pan and baked them in the oven until they were fully cooked. The most important thing about this sheet pan dinner is the flavor which comes from spices such as cumin, paprika and thyme. The addition of capers, lemon and olive give this chicken breast sheet pan dinner a delicious Mediterranean flair.
Mediterranean chicken recipe ingredients
To make this easy sheet pan Mediterranean chicken recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Open Nature® Air Chilled Boneless Skinless Chicken
- Potatoes: I prefer using smaller potatoes for sheet pan recipes.
- Lemon: Fresh lemon gives so much flavor to these chicken breasts.
- Garlic: Don’t skip the garlic, the more the merrier!
- Capers: You can find capers in all supermarkets. They add so much flavor to dishes. You can read more about capers and how to use them on Splendid Table.
- Tomatoes: Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes would be perfect for this recipe.
- Olives: You can use black or green olives or a combination of both.
What’s special about Open Nature Air Chilled chicken is that the chickens are individually processed with purified air which result in more natural flavor. They are lower in saturated fat (vs. conventional vegetarian-fed chicken), a fat that many health organizations advise Americans to eat less of. And, most importantly, they are cage free and American Humane Association certified.
O Organics Air Chilled Chicken and Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken is available in the greater Boston area exclusively at Star Market stores. You can also find it at some of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including ACME, Shaw’s, Star, Jewel-Osco, Tom Thumb or Randalls. Visit Albersons.com to find a store near you and discover more recipe ideas.
Mediterranean chicken marinade
This is a quick and easy lemon garlic marinade that you can use for this sheet pan chicken recipe. It’s made with extra virgin olive oil, lemon, garlic and spices such as cumin, paprika, thyme, black pepper, dried onion and salt. I simply mixed this marinade with with the chicken and potatoes and transferred it to the baking sheet. You can marinate the chicken in the marinade for two hours before baking as well. The more the chicken stays in the marinade, the more flavorful it’s going to be.
How to make Mediterranean chicken in one pan
I love sheet pan dinners because they are so simple and easy to make. Take this sheet pan Mediterranean chicken as an example: all you need to do is:
- Mix chicken and potatoes with the marinade.
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- Add capers, olives and tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for about thirty minutes.
And voila! You have a winner chicken dinner in no time! Simple, easy and unbelievably tasty, this Mediterranean chicken recipe will become a regular in your house before you know it. The flavors are fresh and bright, and you can serve this sheet pan dinner with so many different sides and salads.
What to serve with baked chicken breasts
This baked Mediterranean chicken has so much flavor and goes perfectly with many sides. I love serving Mediterranean chicken dishes with fresh salads such as Mediterranean salad, tabbouleh salad, fattoush and cucumber tomato avocado salad. You can also serve this Mediterranean chicken with Turkish bulgur pilaf or Lebanese rice with vermicelli for a party of gathering.
Looking for delicious chicken recipes?
- Garlic Lemon Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Easy lemon butter chicken
- Moroccan chicken recipe
- Chicken shawarma
- Harissa chicken recipe
- Caprese stuffed chicken breast
- Persian chicken with saffron
Notes and tips for making baked Mediterranean chicken
- Your can make the marinade before hand and save 2 tablespoons of it for the potatoes. Mix the rest with the chicken breasts and let it marinate for one to to hours.
- Almost any kind of vegetables can be added to this baked Mediterranean chicken recipe. If in season, you can add any kind of squash such as zucchini to this sheet pan dinner. Vegetable such as red onion and colorful pepper would work as well.
- Other vegetables can be added to this sheet pan chicken such as asparagus and bell peppers. This chicken recipe is easily adaptable to your preference.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Make sure the potatoes are not cut too small, otherwise they’ll burn before the chicken is cooked.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABSCos. The opinions and text are all mine.
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 5 Open Nature Air Chilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 yellow potatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup olives green and kalamata, pitted
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Place the Open Nature Air Chilled Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts and potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add olive oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, black pepper, dried minced onion and lemon juice to the chicken and potatoes. Stir well until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Transfer the chicken and potatoes to the baking sheet.
- Add tomatoes and olives to the sheet pan.
- Top the chicken breasts with a slice of lemon and capers.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken breasts' temperature registers at 165F.
- Top with parsley and serve immediately.