This cucumber tomato avocado salad is perfect for any day of the week. This easy and tasty salad comes together in no time and is full of flavor thanks to sun dried tomatoes and olives.
A big bowl of fresh salad is always a good idea, especially if it includes avocados and cucumbers!
Salads should not be boring. Nobody wants to eat a boring salad, which leads to great ingredients going to waste. We usually keep our salads pretty flavorful yet simple. Our favorites are Summer Salads, Greek chickpea salad, fattoush salad, salad shirazi , Mediterranean Salad Recipe and orange chicken salad. I will happily eat a big bowl of delicious and tasty salad loaded with fresh veggies any day of the week!
I love this tomato avocado salad as it puts a Mediterranean twist on a traditional combination with the addition of sun dried tomatoes and olives. This fresh salad is filled with juicy tomatoes and creamy avocados and is flavored with fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
How to make cucumber tomato avocado salad
This easy and simple cucumber tomato avocado salad needs just a few ingredients such as red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, avocados and sun dried tomatoes. Slice and dice everything, stir gently in a bowl and then pour the lemon juice and olive oil on the salad and sprinkle some salt.
This avocado salad is perfect for any day of the week. We even have it as a full mean in summer. It’s so hard to have only one serving!
Why this tomato avocado salad works
This hearty and healthy salad can easily be a staple at your home because:
- It’s easy, simple and healthy.
- It’s made with only a few ingredients and is easily adjustable.
- You can double or triple the recipe easily.
We made this gluten free, low carb avocado salad a couple of weeks ago and we can’t stop raving about it. The creaminess of the avocados goes very well with the crispy cucumbers and the olives add so much flavor to this salad that we usually don’t add any spices except for a little salt.
What to serve cucumber avocado salad with
This tasty fresh cucumber tomato avocado salad is great with any grilled meat such as steak, chicken or even salmon. You can also add some grilled chicken or canned tuna to this avocado salad and make it a full meal.
I love it when a salad is actually tasty, full of fresh ingredients and not boring at all. This tomato avocado salad is exactly one of those salads that you can’t stop eating. My favorite addition is the raw red onion slices as they bring a spike to the creamy avocado salad.
Notes and tips for making tomato cucumber avocado salad
- Use firm tomatoes and ones that don’t have too many seeds. Firm tomatoes are great for this salad as you’re going to stir them and they will still hold their shape.
- Use fresh avocados that are quite firm and bright green. Squeeze lemon on the avocados as soon as you cut them to prevent them from going black.
- You can also add some herbs such as dill, cilantro or parsley to this salad for more flavor.
- If you don’t like the flavor of raw red onions, simply leave them out.
- This avocado tomato salad is best served the same day. Add the salt and maybe some freshly ground pepper right before serving.
Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- 1 English Cucumber
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1 cup Pitted Olives Kalamata and green
- 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Slice the cucumbers and dice the tomatoes, place them in a large bowl.
- Dice the avocados and add them to the tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Slice the red onion and add it to the salad with olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Using two spoons, mix everything well and squeeze the lemon on the salad. Drizzle the olive oil and stir.
- Sprinkle the salt on the salad, stir and serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!