Wondering how to make food that's healthy and delicious? These Mediterranean diet recipes are for you! Whether you're looking for a quick recipe or ready to make a big change, we've got you covered. We are sharing over 60 Mediterranean diet recipes from breakfast to salads, seafood and vegetarian dishes all packed with wholesome ingredients.
About Mediterranean diet
The Mediterranean diet has been the top ranked diet for several consecutive years. However, it's important to know that it's more than a diet, it's a lifestyle followed by people of the Mediterranean region who tend to live longer and healthier lives.
Mediterranean way of eating focuses on consuming more traditional ingredients such as fruit, vegetables, legumes and a moderate amount of fish, poultry and healthy fats such as olive oil. Moreover, it encourages people to be active and spend more time with their families and loves ones and share meals together which would reduce stress and make you feel better.
What to eat
When it comes to food, Mediterranean diet offers all the good things! From fresh fruit and vegetables to lean proteins such as chicken and seafood, this lifestyle is all for using real and wholesome ingredients and keeping it simple. Here is what you need to know about what to eat on the Mediterranean diet:
- Use more olive oil: Instead of store-bought salad dressing, opt for some extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Use olive oil for cooking and roasting instead of vegetable oil.
- Eat more vegetables and plant-based food: Ingredients such as legumes, whole grains, nuts, vegetables, fruit and leafy greens such as lettuce and spinach are consumed on a daily basis when following the Mediterranean diet.
- Lean protein: Chicken, eggs, seafood and fish are the main protein to cook with.
- Red meat and sweets: Red meat is used very occasionally in Mediterranean cooking, about once a week or even less, and usually lean cuts of meat or ground meat is consumed. As for sweets, an occasional dessert is all fine.
- Leave out: Sugary drinks and sodas and processed food with too many unnecessary ingredients.
Mediterranean breakfast recipes
Mediterranean salad recipes
Mediterranean dips and spreads
Mediterranean recipes with chicken or beef
Mediterranean seafood recipes
Mediterranean vegetarian recipes
Mediterranean soups and stews
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
60+ Best Mediterranean Recipes
- 3 Persian cucumbers
- 3 roma tomatoes
- ½ red onions sliced
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup marinated artichokes
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the cucumbers and chop the tomatoes into small pieces. Place them in a large bowl. Add in the sliced red onions, olives, artichokes and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil with lemon juice, sumac, garlic, salt and black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to combine. Serve immediately.
- You can make the dressing ahead of time and mix it with the salad right before serving.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.