Avocado Egg Sandwich with a Greek twist is ready in 20 minutes and is perfect for breakfast. Avocado and egg wrapped in pita with some olives and feta offers so much flavor in every bite.
Start your day right with our delicious breakfast recipes. From shakshuka and menemen to Mediterranean spinach omelette and avocado caprese sandwich, we have all kinds of delicious dishes to enjoy. This Greek avocado egg sandwich is another family favorite that you can make in no time.
Table Of Contents:
About this recipe
This avocado egg sandwich has a bold, delicious Mediterranean flavor deriving from its mix of olives, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. This is not a good old avocado and egg toast; it's a flavorful sandwich that we can't have enough of!
Would I say that this is the best breakfast sandwich? I sure would! The combination of these fresh ingredients with eggs, spinach and some tasty olives is hard to say no to. They all go so well together and make this one of the best choices for a delicious breakfast.
- Pita: To make this recipe you can use store-bought or homemade pita bread. Either regular pita or pita pocket would work.
- Eggs: Make sure the eggs are fresh. They can be refrigerated or at room temperature.
- Fixings: We are going to use baby spinach, olives, fresh dill and sun dried tomatoes.
- Cheese: You can use different types of cheese including feta, gouda or mozzarella. If using feta cheese, make sure to get a block and crumble it yourself.
This delicious Greek avocado egg sandwich has all the ingredients that are great for starting an energetic morning. With healthy fats from avocado and protein from eggs, this sandwich is a perfect option for mornings. The addition of feta cheese and sun dried tomato elevates the whole flavor of the this breakfast sandwich.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Break the eggs into a bowl and mix using a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and gently scramble. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan and sauté the spinach until wilted.
- Assemble the sandwich with the avocado spread, eggs, spinach, sundried tomatoes, feta, olives and dill.
What I love about homemade breakfast sandwich recipes is that the possibilities are endless! Here are a few suggestions to jazz up this recipe:
- Other fixings: Add fresh tomatoes or marinated artichoke hearts to the wrap.
- Make it spicy: Using a spicy sauce, some cayenne pepper or jalapeno, you can spice up this sandwich.
- Herbs: Add herbs such as cilantro or parsley for more flavor.
- Vegetables: Other sautéed vegetables such as zucchini, onions and peppers would work as well.
Frequently asked questions
You can cook the eggs and the spinach a day in advance and assemble the wraps when you're ready.
Yes, if fresh avocados are available, mash them and mix with a bit of salt, pepper and lemon juice.
More breakfast recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Greek Avocado Egg Sandwich
- 2 tablespoon olive oil extra virgin
- 6 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ cup spinach roughly chopped
- 4 pita bread white or whole wheat
- 1 pack Simply Avocado
- ½ cup green and kalamata olives sliced if needed
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh dill optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Break the eggs in a bowl and mix using a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and scramble for 5 minutes until cooked. Set the eggs aside and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the same pan.
- Add in the spinach and cook for 5 more minutes spinach is wilted and cooked.
- Place the pita breads on a surface, spread Simply Avocado spread on the pitas.
- Divide the eggs and spinach between all four pita breads.
- Top with green and black olives, sun dried tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use 2 whole avocados (mashed) for this recipe.
- As for the bread, you can use store-bought or homemade pita bread, lavash or naan.
- Add herbs such as parsley or cilantro for more flavor.
- You can add other vegetable such as onions, peppers, zucchini, artichoke or tomatoes.
- If using feta, make sure to get a block and crumble it yourself.
This post was sponsored by Simply Avocado.