Avocado Egg Sandwich with a Greek twist is an excellent choice for breakfast. A delicious breakfast sandwich made with eggs and avocado is a great way to start your day!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY Simply Avocado. AS ALWAYS, ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE BRANDS
THAT SUPPORT UNICORNS IN THE KITCHEN.
Avocado Egg Sandwich with a Mediterranean twist
I love anything that has a Mediterranean flavor as I lived in that part of the world for some years and visit regularly. This avocado egg sandwich has a bold, delicious flavor deriving from its mix of olives, spinach, and sun dried tomatoes. This is not a good old avocado and egg toast; it's a flavorful sandwich that we can't have enough of!
I used Simply Avocado for these breakfast sandwiches which made it super quick and gave a nice and creamy texture to the sandwich. I recently discovered Simply Avocado, a new line of pure, wholesome avocado dips and spreads from the makers of Wholly Guacamole. It’s made with real, hand-scooped Hass avocados and each flavor has just four ingredients or less. I used the Garlic & Herb variety and loved the subtle garlic flavor in every bite!
How to make an Avocado Egg Breakfast Sandwich
This Mediterranean breakfast sandwich requires minimal cooking, all you have to do is to scramble the eggs with some spinach and then start assembling the breakfast sandwich as follows:
- Avocado spread
- Eggs and Spinach
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Feta Cheese
And then your Greek breakfast sandwich is all ready to eat! You can add more olives, or feta if you like. The combination of flavors is perfect for a happy morning!
And then your Greek breakfast sandwich is all ready to eat! You can add more olives or feta if you like. The combination of flavors is perfect for a happy morning!
Why is this egg and avocado sandwich a great breakfast?
This delicious Greek avocado egg sandwich has all the ingredients that are great for starting an energetic morning. With healthy fats from avocado and protein from eggs, this sandwich is a perfect option for mornings. The addition of feta cheese and sun dried tomato elevates the whole flavor of the this breakfast sandwich.
Would I say that this is the best breakfast sandwich? I sure would! The combination of these fresh ingredients with eggs, spinach and some tasty olives is hard to say no to. They all go so well together and make this one of the best choices for a delicious breakfast.
This avocado egg sandwich has become our recent favorite and we love making it at the weekends or even for brunch. The creamy Simply Avocado spread is perfect for this breakfast sandwich and I love how the subtle Garlic & Herb flavor goes so well with the eggs. I love Simply Avocado because it’s always ripe and ready to eat so I can enjoy great tasting avocado year-round - no more waiting or guessing the ripeness of avocados!
Notes and tips to make avocado egg sandwich
- You can use any type of bread for this recipe. I used pita bread since I love a Mediterranean breakfast served on a pita.
- To make this egg and avocado sandwich, you can either scramble the eggs with spinach, or use hard boiled eggs (sliced) and saute the spinach separately.
- I used both green and kalamata olives for maximum flavor but one type of olives work as well.
- You can alternate the toppings to your preference: add fresh tomatoes, walnuts and artichoke hearts.
- Serve these sandwiches immediately and don't let them sit at room temperature for too long.
Greek Avocado Egg Sandwich
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cup spinach roughly chopped
- 4 pita bread white or whole wheat
- 1 pack Simply Avocado
- ½ cup green and kalamata olives sliced if needed
- ⅓ cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh dill optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Break the eggs into the pan and slowly start scrambling them. Add the salt and keep stirring.
- Add in the spinach and cook the eggs and spinach for 5 more minutes spinach is wilted and cooked.
- Place the pita breads on a surface, spread Simply Avocado spread on the pitas.
- Divide the eggs and spinach between all four pita breads.
- Top with green and black olives, sun dried tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!