Use this Avocado Caprese Sandwich Recipe for the busy days of this holiday season! Fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese make for a delicious cold sandwich!
Sandwich is always the best choice for busy times. We always keep the ingredients at hand for some of our favorite sandwiches such as chicken parmesan grilled cheese sandwich, turkey swiss sliders and Hawaiian chicken sandwich. If we are thinking of a vegetarian sandwich, then caprese sandwich is our first choice!
These days are passing so fast and Christmas is right around the corner!
An easy caprese sandwich recipe for busy days!
I know we are all super busy these days. With all the shopping and cookie baking this season, I bet not many of us have time to make food in the kitchen that takes an long time to prepare and cook. This avocado caprese sandwich recipe is what you need to have on hand these days. It’s ready in only 15 minutes which is very quick and convenient.
More delicious recipes for you:
- Loaded Grilled Chicken Gourmet Sandwich
- Ross Geller’s Thanksgiving Sandwich
- Persian Pickles with Tomatoes
- Thai Turkey Burgers with Cabbage Slaw
- Roast Beef Sliders Recipe
- Grilled Cheese Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
- Caprese Pasta Salad
So, what is caprese?
Caprese is the name of the traditional Italian combination of tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil. This combination is traditionally made into a salad. However, it can also be turned into a sandwich, pizza or even as a flavor combination for chicken. The freshness of tomatoes and basil goes perfectly well with the rich consistency and flavor of mozzarella. For this caprese sandwich recipe, I paired the classic combination with some delicious mashed avocados.
Avocado caprese sandwich ingredients
Caprese salad sandwich is a very basic and easy dish to make. The ingredients are: sliced of bread, SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Garlic Herb avocado dip, tomatoes, fresh sliced mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar. The tomatoes should be firm and not very seedy. I always recommend to find the best mozzarella cheese available because the flavor and quality of the sandwich definitely depends on the cheese. You can also add more olive oil or even black pepper depending on your preference.
SIMPLY AVOCADO™ has the convenience of a fresh avocado without all the fuss. WHOLLY® Avocado’s SIMPLY AVOCADO™ is a wholesome avocado dip with minimal flavor enhancing ingredients. This dip is perfect for sandwiches as a spread or topping. Our open faced caprese sandwich got so much more delicious with the addition of this delicious dip!
How to make a caprese sandwich with avocado
Use any kind of bread that you like. I use ciabatta most of the time because of it’s tender and crusty texture. Toast the bread and place it on a cutting board. Spread mashed avocado on the bread and top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese. Place a couple of fresh basil leaves on the tomatoes and drizzle some reduced balsamic on the sandwich.
Caprese sandwich variations:
You can add different ingredients to this mozzarella caprese sandwich such as:
- Grilled chicken
- Grilled zucchini
- Grilled eggplant slices
Notes and tips for caprese sandwich recipe:
- I made this tomato caprese sandwich using ciabatta bread but you can also use any kind of bread such as subs, focaccia or sourdough bread. Toasting the bread before making the sandwich would result in better texture and flavor.
- You can drizzle some olive oil on the tomatoes for more flavor.
- In summer this mozzarella caprese sandwich would be perfect with heirloom tomatoes.
- How to make caprese egg sandwich: By adding a poached or hard-boiled egg on the top of the sandwich, you can turn this simple sandwich into a caprese egg sandwich that would make a full lunch or dinner.
- Avocado caprese salad sandwich is best served immediately so that all the ingredients are delicious and tasty .
Avocado Caprese Sandwich Recipe
- 4 Ciabatta Bread Cut in half
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 pack WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Garlic Herb
- 2 Large Tomatoes Sliced
- 8 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 8 Basil Leaves
- 4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Brush Ciabatta bread pieces with olive oil and toast them. You can either toast them in a pan on the stove over medium heat or place them on a baking sheet and broil for 3 minutes until golden.
- Spread WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Garlic Herb on each piece of bread.
- Top with tomato and mozzarella slices and sprinkle some salt on the sandwich.
- Top with basil leaves and pour some balsamic vinegar on each sandwich.
- Serve immediately.
- Make sure to serve these sandwiches immediately. You can also top them with fresh mint.
- Fresh mozzarella is the best for these sandwiches.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias