Cheese stuffed chicken breast makes for a delicious dinner that’s low carb and easy to prepare. Learn how to make this garlic lemon stuffed chicken breast at home with only a few ingredients.
Everyone should have a few favorite chicken recipes that they can turn to anytime. I love easy chicken recipes such as Mediterranean chicken and honey garlic chicken. This cheese stuffed chicken breast recipe is one of our family favorites that’s perfect for any meal!
This post is sponsored by Cabot. All opinions are mine.
A delicious stuffed chicken recipe for the family!
Winner winner chicken dinner! Chicken is one of my favorite proteins to cook because it’s very versatile and there are so many ways to cook and serve it. Making stuffed chicken breast is a popular way to cook chicken and there are a million ways to stuff a chicken breast. I love using a combination of spices and olive oil to rub on the chicken breast for flavor and then stuff it with Cabot’s Vermont Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese and some lemon. It’s a simple yet flavorful combination that gives the chicken an amazing taste.
I’ve always been a fan of Cabot and I’m super excited to be celebrating with the Cabot team for their 100th year as a cooperative in 2019. What I love the most about Cabot is that Cabot is a co-operative owned by farm families throughout New England & New York and 100% of profits go back to the farmers. All Cabot cheddars are 100% naturally lactose free and gluten-free..
Ingredients to make cheese stuffed chicken breast
This stuffed chicken recipe calls for just a few ingredients including chicken breasts, cheddar cheese, lemon, garlic and a mixture of spices including salt, paprika, oregano and cumin. With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you’ll have a fantastic meal on the table that everyone is going to love!
How make cheese stuffed chicken breast
Cut the chicken lengthwise but don’t cut it all the way through, 3/4 of the length is enough. In a small bowl, mix the spices with lemon juice and olive oil. Rub this mixture on and inside the chicken breast. Fill inside of the chicken with the cheese slices and the lemon slices. Seal using a few toothpicks.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Heat some olive oil in an oven safe pan over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until they are golden brown. Place the pan in the oven for a few minutes until they are completely cooked through and the cheese is melted.
How long to cook cheese stuffed chicken breast
Sear the chicken breasts for about 5 minutes on each side. Then bake them in the oven for 20 minutes until the internal temperature registers at 165F. It’s important not to over cook the chicken breasts at any point because they will dry out and lose their great juicy texture.
What to serve with lemon cheese stuffed chicken breast
Baked cheese stuffed chicken breast
If you would like to bake these stuffed chicken breasts, simply place them on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray and preheat the oven to 375F. Once the oven is hot, bake the chicken breasts for about 30 minutes until juices run clean and the internal temperature registers at 165F. You can broil them for 3-4 minutes to have a golden crispy top.
Notes and tips for making chicken stuffed with cheese
- If you don’t own an oven safe skillet, simply sear the chicken breasts in a regular skillet and transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven at 250F for about 20 minutes until heated through.
- If the chicken breasts are too thick, pound them using a meat tenderizer and then stuff them with cheese and lemon.
- Don’t over bake the stuffed chicken breasts because they will lose their flavor and dry out.
Garlic Lemon Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 8 slices Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar cheese
- Cut the chicken lengthwise but don’t cut it all the way through, 3/4 way is enough.
- Mix olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, paprika, oregano and cumin in a bowl and rub this inside and outside of the chicken.
- Fill inside of the chicken with the cheese slices and the lemon slices. Seal the chicken with toothpicks.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat an oven safe pan over medium high heat. Once hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan and sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Flip once to have both sides seared perfectly.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked perfectly.
- Serve with your desired side dish.