This tortellini pasta salad with a Mediterranean twist is the perfect side dish for any potluck. Make this easy tortellini salad with just a few ingredients and in no time!
Another day another delicious pasta salad!
When it comes to food, I feel so lucky. I grew up in the middle east and moved to the Mediterranean region and lived there for a while before moving to the US with Kyle. As a result, Mediterranean recipes are so close to my heart and I make them on a regular basis. And even if a recipe isn’t not originally Mediterranean like these Mediterranean deviled eggs, or Mediterranean Salad Recipeit definitely carries the flavor.
Why Greek tortellini salad is a winner?
This delicious pasta salad is full of fresh and tasty summer vegetables and is perfect for potlucks and barbecue parties. I love that it’s so easy and simple to put together and it has so much flavor thanks to all the delicious ingredients.
I love bringing this tortellini salad to parties because it has a flavor combination that is new to many yet it’s tasty and people would always ask for seconds and then ask me for the recipe! It’s always so good to see everyone loving a dish that’s inspired by the flavors that I love and admire.
Tortellini pasta salad ingredients
For this Mediterranean pasta salad I used tortellini, olives, onions, lemons, artichokes, tomatoes, red onion and parsley. The combination of these Mediterranean ingredients is so flavorful and tasty, everyone loves some good artichoke bites in their salad!
Read more about olives and their variety on Serious Eats.
What kind of tortellini should I use to make tortellini pasta salad
You can use both dry or fresh tortellini in this pasta salad. Fresh tortellini is in the refrigerated section and dry tortellini is in the pasta section of most supermarkets. As for the flavor, I used cheese tortellini here but you can use spinach and cheese as well.
How to make Mediterranean pasta salad with tortellini
Start with making the tortellini according to the packaging. Once the cooked tortellini is completely cold, place it in a large bowl and add chopped red onion, artichokes, tomatoes, olives and parsley and mix well. Then make the dressing for this cold tortellini salad by mixing lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and some paprika. Drizzle it all over the Greek pasta salad and mix well. Cool in the fridge for at least one hour and serve cold.
Like caprese pasta salad and cucumber tomato avocado salad, this tortellini pasta salad with artichokes is a great option for the days that you would like to have a simple yet delicious salad that can also be a complete meal.
Want to jazz things up in this tortellini pasta salad?
You can always add more ingredients to this easy tortellini salad to make it even more exciting:
- Feta cheese: for a little bit of saltiness and creaminess.
- Cucumber: an instant freshness for your pasta salad.
- Sun dried tomatoes: they always add so much flavor to any dish. Make sure to chop them up.
- Grilled chicken or shrimp: turn your Mediterranean pasta salad into a full meal by adding some protein to it.
Tortellini Pasta Salad Mediterranean Style
- 20 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cup kalamata olives pittled and halved
- 14 oz artichoke hearts canned
- 1 cup campari tomatoes halved
- 1 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup parmsan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Cook cheese tortellini according to the packaging. Set aside and let cool completely. (This step can be done ahead of time)
- In a large bowl, mix tortellini. kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, campari tomatoes and red onion. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix all the vinaigrette ingredients and pour it over the tortellini pasta salad.
- Stir well so all the ingredients are smothered with the vinaigrette.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and parmesan cheese on top right before serving.