Grilled salmon shish kabobs are ready in only 20 minutes and are so tasty! Seasoned with spices and lemon juice, these are easy to make and packed with tons of flavor.
Shish kabobs are an easy way to entertain because everyone loves food on a stick! Some of our favorites are beef shish kabobs, veggie shish kabobs and Chicken Shish Kabob. For salmon lovers, this salmon shish kabob recipe is perfect.
About this recipe
Meat on skewers has always been a favorite among people from east to west. There is just something about food on sticks that makes it tastier. If you love salmon and are looking for a new way to serve it, you're going to love these grilled salmon shish kabobs.
This recipe for salmon shish kabob is easy and simple, calls for just a few ingredients and is so quick to make. It only takes less than 30 minutes to make salmon kabobs since the salmon doesn't need to marinate for long.
I opted for a middle eastern inspired marinade using lemon juice, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and nutmeg. This spice combination works well with almost any meat but it's especially suited to salmon because of its tender and flaky texture. I mix all these spices with some olive oil to make a loose paste and then marinate salmon cubes in the mixture until ready to grill.
Prepare the marinade using the spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Cut the salmon into large cubes and place them in a bowl. Pour the marinade over and stir gently so all pieces are covered. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes. As salmon is very tender, you don't want it to marinate more than 30 minutes.
Heat the grill, thread the salmon cubes and vegetables on skewers and once all the skewers are ready, place them on the heated grill. Grill until salmon is cooked through, about 6 minutes on each side.
Salmon shish kabobs are so versatile and they pair well with different side dishes. Some of our favorites are instant pot brown rice, Greek potatoes, Mediterranean couscous salad and Middle Eastern eggplant. You can also serve this dish with grilled side dishes such as grilled vegetables and veggie shish kabobs.
Frequently asked questions
Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can reheat the leftovers in a pan or in the microwave.
Absolutely. Salmon kabobs are grilled and they're absolutely healthy. Salmon is packed with omega3 and is great for your health. Having fish twice a week is a great way to maintain your health and diversify what you eat during the week.
Salmon cooks pretty fast. Grill the kabobs for 5 minutes on each side. You can tell they're ready once the salmon cubes are light colored and flaky.
It's very easy to make stove top salmon shish kabobs. Use a grill pan and heat it over medium heat. Lightly brush with olive oil and cook the salmon on skewers for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
Broiling is the best way to make salmon kabobs in the oven. Turn on broiler to high and place the rack 5 inches below the broiler. Place the salmon shish kabobs on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
More salmon recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Grilled Salmon Shish Kabobs
- 1 lb salmon cut into cubes
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- onions and peppers to grill
- Place the salmon cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over salmon pieces and stir well until fully mixed.
- Cover and marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill and start threading the salmon and veggies on skewers.
- Grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- You can serve these with different side dishes including instant pot brown rice, Greek potatoes, Mediterranean couscous salad and Middle Eastern eggplant.
- If you would like to make salmon shish kabob in the oven, broiling is the best way to go. Turn on broiler to high and place the rack 5 inches below the broiler. Place the salmon shish kabobs on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Stove top instructions: Use a grill pan and heat them over medium heat. Lightly brush with olive oil and cook the salmon on skewers for about 4-5 minutes on each side.