Grilled salmon shish kabobs are hearty, healthy and delicious. Seasoned with tasty spices, these salmon kabobs are easy to make and packed with tons of flavor.
Shish kabobs are an easy way to entertain because everyone loves food on a stick! You can make beef shish kabobs, veggie shish kabobs and Chicken Shish Kabob for salmon lovers, this salmon shish kabobs are perfect.
Meat on skewers has always been a favorite among people from east to west. There is just something about food on sticks that makes it tastier. If you love salmon and are looking for a new way to serve it, you’re going to love these grilled salmon shish kabobs.
One of our favorite types of fish is salmon because of it’s rich flavor and texture. Salmon absorbs flavor pretty well and there are so many flavors that pair very well with this fish. Salmon recipes are usually pretty easy and straightforward. We love having baked salmon with lemon or broiled salmon. Grilled salmon on skewers is an easy and easy salmon recipe that will give you a beautiful meal in no time.
Is salmon kabob healthy?
Absolutely. Salmon kabobs are grilled and they’re absolutely healthy. You can flavor salmon with any spices and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. There is no need for frying, this hearty fish kabob is pretty simple and easy to make. Salmon is packed with omega3 and is great for your health. Having fish twice a week is a great way to maintain your health and diversify what you eat during the week.
Salmon kabob marinade
I opted for a middle eastern inspired marinade this time using lemon, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and nutmeg. This spice combination works well with almost any meat but it’s especially suited to salmon because of its tender and flaky texture. I mix all these spices with some olive oil to make a loose paste and then marinate salmon cubs in the mixture until ready to grill.
How to make grilled salmon kabobs
Prepare the marinade using spices, lemon juice and olive oil. Slice the salmon into cubes and place them in a bowl. Pour the marinade over and stir so all pieces are covered. Cover and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes. As salmon is very tender, you don’t want it to marinate more than 30 minutes.
Heat the grill, thread the salmon cubes and vegetables on skewers and once all the skewers are ready, place them on the heated grill. Grill until salmon is cooked through. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
How long do I grill salmon kabobs?
Salmon kabobs cook pretty fast. Grill them for 5 minutes on each side. You can tell they’re ready once the salmon cubes are light colored and flaky.
Can I make salmon kabobs on the stove top?
It’s very easy to make stove top salmon shish kabobs. Use a grill pan and heat them over medium heat. Lightly brush with olive oil and cook the salmon on skewers for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
How to make salmon kabobs in the oven
Broiling is the best way to make salmon kabobs in the oven. Turn on broiler to high and place the rack 5 inches below the broiler. Place the salmon shish kabobs on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
What to serve with grilled salmon shish kabobs
Salmon shish kabobs are so versatile and they pair well with different side dishes. Some of our favorites are instant pot brown rice, Greek potatoes, Mediterranean couscous salad and Middle Eastern eggplant.
Cooked salmon is best served and eaten right away. But if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Looking for more salmon recipes?
- Oven baked salmon with olives and capers
- Easy salmon patties recipe
- Teriyaki pineapple salmon
- Salmon avocado bites
- Shrimp Kabobs with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Hope you enjoy these grilled salmon shish kabobs as much as we do! They’re simple, easy and everyone will come back for seconds!
Grilled Salmon Shish Kabobs
- 1 lb salmon cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 lemon juice of
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- onions and peppers to grill
- Place the salmon cubes in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over salmon pieces and stir well until fully mixed.
- Cover and marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill and start threading the salmon and veggies on skewers.
- Grill over medium high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- You can serve these with different side dishes including instant pot brown rice, Greek potatoes, Mediterranean couscous salad and Middle Eastern eggplant.
- If you would like to make salmon shish kabob in the oven, broiling is the best way to go. Turn on broiler to high and place the rack 5 inches below the broiler. Place the salmon shish kabobs on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes on each side until fully cooked.
- Stove top instructions: Use a grill pan and heat them over medium heat. Lightly brush with olive oil and cook the salmon on skewers for about 4-5 minutes on each side.