Easy Lemon Butter Chicken is a fantastic family dinner option. This lemon butter chicken breast is bursting with amazing flavors and takes your usual dinner to a whole new level!
I love easy chicken recipes that I can put together in no time. Sheet pan dinners such as Mediterranean chicken recipe or grilled ones like Persian saffron chicken kabobs are some of our most requested dishes.
If you know even just a little bit about me, you know I’m all about family friendly, easy and delicious recipes.
Why this creamy spinach lemon chicken works
An easy chicken dinner recipe is something you want to have at hand all the time. This one pan lemon butter chicken is great because it can be ready in about 30 minutes and everyone loves it. You can serve this creamy skillet chicken with different side dishes as a simple family dinner or as a dish at your party.
In my humble opinion, food tastes much better when it’s shared with family members. Maybe that’s because growing up, I never had one meal alone and having dinners together as a family was always a big deal in our home. So, to me, making that one meal that everyone enjoys is a big deal. he main flavor is in the lemon butter sauce for chicken that’s made from scratch. This sauce is so flavorful and easy to make. It makes the chicken very juicy and every bite is perfectly delicious.
Some of our family favorite recipes:
- Persian One Pot Tomato Rice – Dami Gojeh Farangi
- One Pan Jambalaya Pasta
- Lemon Ginger Shrimp Orzo
- Teriyaki Pineapple Salmon
- Grilled Cheese Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
Lemon butter chicken ingredients
This one pan skillet chicken recipe calls for very basic ingredients that you probably have all the ingredients at hand:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt, pepper, thyme and garlic powder
The lemon butter sauce for chicken is made with:
- Heavy cream
How to make creamy lemon butter chicken
If the chicken breasts are thick, either cut them in half horizontally or flatten them using a mallet. My chicken breasts were pretty small so I just use them as is. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with spices and sear in the pan over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken breasts from the pan and melt the butter in the same pan. Add in minced garlic and saute until golden. Add in water and heavy cream plus the juice and zest of a lemon.
Bring the sauce to a simmer and and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add in spinach and cook until wilted. Put the chicken back in the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Serve warm with you favorite side dish.
This skillet chicken recipe is very simple to make. All you have to do is to pan sear the chicken until cooked, make the sauce and cook the chicken in the sauce a little bit. The flavors of chicken go so well with rice that every bite will make you wonder why you didn’t make this recipe sooner!
What to serve with lemon butter garlic chicken
This easy skillet chicken recipe can be served with different side dishes such as instant pot brown rice, Mediterranean salad, Mediterranean oven roasted vegetables or garlic butter mashed potatoes. This chicken dish is so versatile, you can serve it with any side dish you please.
This easy lemon butter chicken is a perfect dinner option for the times you want to have something quick but full of flavor. I pair it with Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice to have maximum flavor with minimal time and effort. Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions is ready in 10 minutes. Each grain is steamed with natural flavor and there are no preservatives or artificial flavors.
Easy Lemon Butter Chicken
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic about 3 cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 cups spinach
- To Serve:
- Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- rub chicken breasts with the spices on both sides.
- Sear in the pan, 4-5 minutes on each side until fully cooked. Transfer them into a plate and set aside.
- Melt butter in the same pan and saute garlic until golden.
- Add in water, heavy cream and juice and zest of the lemon.
- Turn the heat up until starts boiling. Turn the heat to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in spinach and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in chicken and cook for another 5 minutes.
- To Serve:
- Cook Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice according to the package instructions and serve the lemon butter chicken with Uncle Ben’s® Flavor Infusions Garlic & Butter rice.