Start spring with this light and delicious Lemon Ginger Shrimp Orzo. It’s full of fresh flavors and you can make it with just a few ingredients in only 25 minutes!
Oh hi! Happy spring to you!
I would say spring is my favorite season. Well, so are summer, fall and winter. But spring has a special place in my heart because of all the cherry blossoms, blue shiny skies and short mid day naps. I also love spring flavors, that light, tangy flavor you long to have every single day of spring.
And I’ve got the best spring recipe for you here! Oh you just cannot say no to this one. My friends, I have lemon ginger shrimp orzo for you!
When I want to make a recipe, I try to think about several factors, most importantly time and ingredients. Does the recipe take forever to come together? Does it have a few simple steps or several complicated ones? Are the ingredients easy to find? Is this going to be something that my readers would make for a weeknight dinner and/or for a friendly gathering?
I like my recipes to be time efficient with simple steps and have accessible ingredients. But most importantly, I want them to be packed with flavor and that’s what this lemon ginger shrimp orzo is about! One bite of that shrimp and you won’t be able to hide how happy you are!
- Shrimp Cakes with Zesty Avocado Dipping Sauce
- Shrimp Avocado Salad
As for the ingredients, they are all in the title:
Ginger (I used Dorot Crushed Ginger, fabulous choice, no mess, no clean up and no prep!)
and well, of course, butter. Because butter is love. Not too much of it though.
I love using Dorot in my recipes because it cuts the prep time (seriously, it will take so long to crush ginger myself) and the flavor is great. It’s a unique product that doesn’t require any cleanup or even thawing. For this recipe, I just added the frozen crushed ginger cubes to melted butter and then mixed it with shrimp and orzo. Pretty easy, right?
The whole dish will take about 25 minutes to make. Shrimps cook pretty quickly and it’s good to keep an eye on them as they will get rubbery if they cook for too long. I like to sear them two minutes per side, with a sprinkle of salt.
I used only one lemon because I didn’t want the dish to be too sour, but if you like it tangier, you can always use more before serving.
Make this delicious lemon ginger shrimp orzo and enjoy spring! The beautiful days are on the way!
Lemon Ginger Shrimp Orzo
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 24 uncooked frozen shrimps thawed and shelled
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cubes DOROT Crushed Ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Cook orzo according to the package. Set aside.
- While orzo is cooking, heat vegetable oil in a pan, sear the shrimps two minutes on each side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pan, add Dorot Crushed Ginger and salt. Stir for a minute.
- Add orzo to a pan and add half of the butter and ginger mixture and half of the lemon juice to it. Stir well.
- Mix the rest of the butter ginger and lemon juice with the cooked shrimps and place them on top of the orzo.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top and serve warm.