There are like bazillion ways to cook sea food and each country has its own. I know the Iranian and Turkish way and maybe a little bit of American method that I will show you all three hopefully soon.
Shrimps also come in many different varieties and I can say for me Jumbo shrimps are the best type of shrimps. They’re big, and really tasty.
There are lots of ways to make shrimp but for health reasons I like to bake them in the oven. It takes like 10 minutes and in as the shrimps are being baked, I toast the sourdough bread slices and slice the avocado, so basically the whole thing comes together in like 10-15 minutes, which makes this toast a fast and healthy dinner.
But seriously, you see how amazing cooking is? It really is like magic and science you know, you just grab ingredients, mix them with magic, and something amazing happens! My love for baking and cooking grows every day and it certainly is something that I want to do for a life time. Cooking makes me so happy and satisfied. Plus, that cook on people’s face when they eat something you cooked or baked and they love it, that look is just priceless.
Anyhow, we had this shrimp and avocado toast for both breakfast and dinner (yes it was that good). So it can be a meal for anytime of the day.
Shrimp and avocado toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread any type of bread will work, Kyle loves sourdough that’s why we used it
- 6 jumbo shrimps
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400F/204C. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix jumbo shrimps, salt, pepper, chili powder and olive oil in a bowl.
- Place the shrimps on the baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes.
- As the shrimps are baking, toast the bread slices and slice the avocado half.
- Cut the red onion into thin slices.
- Put the shrimps and avocado slices alternatively on the toasted bread slice and garnish with red onion slices.