Maple Walnut Oatmeal Cookies are a delicious twist on classic cookies. Maple gives a great hint of natural sweetness and walnut brings some extra crunch. Delicious!
How good is this holiday season?
For most of us, it’s amazing, it’s so good it just can’t get any better. Some of us might be expecting a new family member coming to this world, some of us might be starting a new job or getting a promotion. Some of us might have purchased a new place or car or we might be having big holiday plans. How amazing is that? Holiday season is full of joy!
Not for everyone.
As we are sitting around fireplace and Christmas tree and enjoying our gifts and festivities, there are people out there losing family members, jobs, home, or even their everything. No I don’t want to be the Grinch and I don’t want to steal your Christmas. I’m having a good Christmas too and I’m thankful for it. But I want us all to remember that there are people in this world who are not as fortunate as we are.
And the least we can do for them is to pray that one day, they can be happy and comfortable because it’s never a 4-year old’s personal choice to live in the middle of war, or a pregnant woman’s choice to deliver a baby into a desperate situation. This can happen to any of us.
All I’m asking for here, is just a little bit of prayer for the world to be a better place and for human being to be a better creature.
These maple walnut oatmeal cookies are just an excuse to remember that there are other people in this world who are not having as fabulous time as we do, and maybe, as we bake cookies and are happy together, we can just take one second, and think about them, and tell our kids how to be better people in the future, with the hope that the world becomes a better place.
I hope whenever you make these maple walnut oatmeal cookies, you think about everything you have and smile and think “I’m so lucky.” I know I do, and I always think to myself “I hope everyone else can be as happy as I am.”
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add in maple syrup and mix until combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Beat for one minute.
- Add in old fashioned oatmeal and flour, mix on medium low until well combined.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Using an ice cream or cookie scoop, drop scoops of dough onto the baking sheet, leaving 2 inch space between them. Bake in the oven for 11-13 minutes until they are slightly brown on the edges.