No bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies are the best snack ever! These no bake cookies are filled with peanut butter and are made with only a few ingredients.
We have a good number of cookie recipes here and my favorites are the oatmeal cookies. From the super healthy no butter no sugar oatmeal raisin cookies to maple oatmeal cookies and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies they’re all delicious. But today, I’m going to show you how to make 3 ingredient oatmeal cookies! Crazy, but so good!
No bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies have only 3 ingredients!
When it comes to food, I like it homey, delicious, easy. Bonus points if it’s quick and doesn’t require me to wait long. These homemade easy no bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies meet all my requirements and that’s why I’m sharing the recipe with you. You can make a big batch of these and enjoy them for the whole week!
You can make no bake oatmeal cookies with different butters:
- Almond butter
- Peanut butter
- Cashew butter
- Walnut butter
- Basically any kind of nut butter would work perfectly!
And let me let in a little secret here, these are actually no bake healthy oatmeal cookies without sugar. I know, crazy. But healthy can taste good, especially if it’s a cookie!
What kind of oats do you use for no bake oatmeal cookies?
I always use quick oats to make no bake oatmeal cookies because they give a better texture to the cookies. As for Rolled oats (old fashioned) , since they’re not going to be baked, the texture might end up being a bit hard in the end.
How to make no bake oatmeal (step by step)
These healthy oatmeal cookies are made without sugar and are super easy to make. The ingredients are oatmeal, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla. A pretty simple cookie recipe, right?
- Place the peanut butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat and stir until heated through and soft.
- Add maple syrup and oatmeal to the sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Let cool for five minutes and then scoop cookies and chill in the fridge.
oatmeal cookies flavors
- chocolate oatmeal cookies: Add one tablespoon cocoa powder to the peanut butter mixture and add one tablespoon extra maple syrup.
- oatmeal walnut cookies: Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to the oatmeal cookies.
- chocolate chip oatmeal cookies: Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the cooked oatmeal cookies batter before scooping.
Can I freeze oatmeal cookies?
Yes! Once they are set in the fridge, place them in an airtight container and place a piece parchment paper between each layer. To eat, thaw in the fridge overnight. Do not microwave these no bake oatmeal cookies.
How long can I keep these cookies?
You can store these no bake homemade oatmeal cookies for up to a week in the fridge.
No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat peanut butter in a sauce pan over medium heat until smooth.
- Turn the heat off, add maple syrup, oatmeal and vanilla.
- Mix well using a spatula.
- Scoop the cookie out on a parchment paper using a cookie scoop (or ice cream scoop) and flatten using your fingers.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until set.
- For no bake chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the recipe.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts to make no bake walnut oatmeal cookies.