A match made in heaven, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are perfect with a glass of milk! They are soft and chewy, plump and very tasty!
Of all the cookies in the world, oatmeal cookies are our absolute favorite cookies. Oatmeal walnut cookies and maple oatmeal cookies are both so easy and delicious and No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies is the best. And today, we’re going to take a look at these delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies with raisins!
Let the holiday baking begin! Who’s excited for all the baking we’re going to have?
Peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies are perfect for the holiday season!
I’m not going to lie to you. I started listening to Christmas music right after Halloween! And yes, Christmas baking has already started in our home, even though we’re half Iranian, Christmas is for sure one of my favorite times of the year! I love how everything is so festive, and everyone starts baking cookies and sweets.
As a young family in the United States, we are still building our traditions and I’m so happy to share them with you. I know that making krumkake (Norwegian holiday cookie) is going to be a tradition in our family too as it is in my husband’s family. These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are definitely going to be one of the many traditions we adopt as as we bake and celebrate more! And you can easily double the recipe to make more for your friends and family!
Best peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies
These peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies are very soft and chewy and they have the perfect amount of sweetness thanks to brown sugar. These cookies are perfect for times you can’t decide whether you want peanut butter cookies or oatmeal raisin cookies. I mean, we all know this is a very tough choice to make but why should you choose one when you can have both in one bite? And look how plump and chewy these cookies are. They are like little bubbles of joy, with raisins!
How to make peanut butter oatmeal cookies
Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add in natural peanut butter and mix well. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract and finish by adding flour, oatmeal and raisins. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes and then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the edges are golden. Cool on a wire rack and then serve.
Can I use quick oats to make peanut butter oatmeal cookies?
You can use quick oats in this recipe, however my strong preference is to use old fashioned oats as they keep their shape and helps with the chewiness of the cookies.
Can I freeze peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies?
Absolutely! Once these chewy oatmeal raisin cookies are cool, store them in a Ziploc bag and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
Notes and tips to make these peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies:
- Depending on the butter you use, the cookies might spread a bit so always leave 2 inch space between the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Check the cookies after ten minutes. Once they’re golden at the bottom, they’re ready. Take them out of the oven, and let them sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes and then they’re ready to be served. I like to have my cookies a little bit underdone so they’re chewy in the middle.
- You can make the cookie dough beforehand and have it in the fridge. Take the dough out of the fridge once you preheat the oven and place it on the counter. Start scooping onto the baking sheet after 10 minutes.
- Use old fashioned oatmeal for this recipe to get a better texture and consistency.
- You can leave raisins out if you prefer. There won’t be a change in the texture or the quality of the cookies.
More holiday baking recipes for you:
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- CHEWY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE DIP
- BROWNIE PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE BARS
- KRUMKAKE – NORWEGIAN HOLIDAY COOKIES
- Persian Raisin Cookies (Shirini Keshmeshi)
- Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies Without Butter
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
A match made in heaven, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are perfect with a glass of milk! They are chewy, plump and very tasty!
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 3/4 cup natural Peanut butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup Old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup Raisins
Using a stand mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar (You can also use a large bowl and a hand mixer)
Add in peanut butter and mix well.
Add in the egg, vanilla and salt. Mix well.
Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, mix in the flour. Once incorporated, add in the oatmeal and mix.
Add in raisins and mix the dough using a wooden spoon or a spatula.
Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough into the baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between the cookies. If you want your cookies flatter, press the top of the cookies just a little bit with your fingers.
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
Let the cookies cool before serving them.