Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies are the ultimate holiday cookies. With sweet coconut flakes and crunchy pecans, these cookies will be everyone’s favorite!
This post was first published on December 21st, 2015.
Pecan cookies are one of my favorites. The crunch and the flavor are so lovely!
If you are super crazy about the holidays, I bet you have started working on your cookie list for Santa already. I’m still working on mine, but I’m getting there! On top of my list, I have these brown sugar pecan cookies: they’re buttery, nutty and sugary!
How to make Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies?
It’s very simple! All you need to do is to mix flour, baking soda, salt and coconut flakes in a bowl. Then melt butter in another bowl and mix it all together with sugar.
Next, add the vanilla and egg and mix until it’s fully incorporated. It’s important that the butter is not too hot at this stage. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Finish with walnuts and once it’s all mixed, scoop the cookies onto the baking sheets. Top with a gorgeous half of pecan and bake.
Voila, cookie perfection!
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Walnut Cookies
- Maple Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Molasses Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunk Skillet Cookie
These brown sugar pecan cookies are perfect for the holidays and as a gift. They’re so quick and easy to make that you can make several batches of these and give them as gifts to your family and friends. I always think homemade food gifts are the best because there’s so much love and thought behind them.
Notes and tips to make easy pecan cookies:
- These cookies have both walnuts and pecans. If you prefer to use only pecans, replace 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with chopped pecans.
- These cookies don’t need to chill in the fridge so you can make them right away. If you want to make the dough ahead, when you’re ready to bake, take the dough out of the fridge and let it come to the room temperature before scooping and baking.
- You can store these buttery brown sugar pecan cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days and you can freeze them for up to a month.
- Make sure you let the cookies cool for 5 minutes before moving them to the cooling rack.
- If the coconut flakes you’re using are not sweetened, add 1/4 cup more brown sugar.
Who can ever say no to a delicious cookie? And a glass of milk, maybe? These cookies are going to be ones that people will remember for years. They’re that good!
Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar*
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts**
- 24 pecan halves to top the cookies
Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C . Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and coconut flakes. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl.
Mix the butter and sugar until smooth.
Add vanilla and egg to the butter mixture. Mix again until smooth.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix with a spatula or a wooden spoon so the dough comes together.
Mix in the chopped walnuts.
Using a round spoon or a mini ice cream scoop, place the cookies on the baking sheets 2 inches apart from each other. Press a pecan half on top of each cookie.
Bake in the oven for 14 minutes. Turn the sheets halfway so they bake evenly.
Let the cookies cool on the sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer them onto cooling racks using a spatula.
- You can add 1/4 cup more if you want the cookies to be sweeter.
- You can use chopped pecans instead.