If you are looking for a food that pleases everyone, your search is over! This Buffalo Chicken French Bread is a crowd pleaser!
Oh really? Another buffalo recipe? Trust me, this is not ANOTHER buffalo recipe. This is THE buffalo recipe!
Who likes hot and spicy food? Oh I know I do, Kyle does and all of the family does too. Each of us likes hot food to some degree. Both our dads, Kyle and my brother like super hot, and his mom and I like medium hot and my maman likes the least hot. This buffalo chicken French bread covers us all.
I made this buffalo chicken French bread on Saturday evening and we all loved it so much that first thing on Sunday, I made it again! I am not going to make it again this week because we need to eat healthy most of the week and New Year’s Eve is going to be here soon and we probably are not going to eat very healthy on those days. But next week? Who knows?
“Buffalo Chicken French bread is great for any day!”
This buffalo chicken French bread can of course be made with any type of bread you like such as sourdough or baguette, as long as you can hollow out the bread and fill it with this luscious, creamy filling of chicken smothered with cream cheese, hot sauce, and some other fantastic ingredients. This by no means is a healthy, light food if you are planning to have it all yourself. This food is meant to be shared with people you love and care about, and with ones whom you want to taste one of the best foods in their lives. Because how can something go wrong if it’s full of cheese and sauce?
Just one thing for my lovely readers in other parts of the world who don’t have access to ranch dressing: allrecipes.com has a very good and accessible substitute for ranch dressing here. Just make the substitute and mix it with a couple of spoonfulls of mayonnaise and you’re all good!
You will love this buffalo chicken French bread as much as we did – or hopefully more!
Buffalo Chicken French Bread
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 whole chicken breast cooked and shredded*
- 3 ounce cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp sriracha
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C
- Using a knife, cut a wedge on top of the loaf and take it out using your fingers.
- Hollow out the bread a bit more but not too much.
- Place the loaf on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and coated with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, sriracha, barbecue and ranch dressing until fully combined.
- Add the shredded chicken and shredded cheddar cheese and mix again.
- Fill the loaf of bread with the chicken mixture and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot.