This cheesy lazy lasagna is the perfect answer to “What should I make tonight?”. It’s made with ingredients that you already have at hand, and there’s an easy shortcut!
For cold weather, as fancy as I like to be some times, shouts “comfort” more than a cheesy lazy one pot lasagna?
I used Ragu Homestyle for Lazy Lasagna to have a better texture and flavor. I like Ragu because it taste like homemade pasta sauce and it comes in different flavors. I have already made this one pan chicken parmesan pasta and this sausage mushroom pasta and both were our favorites.
To make this cheesy lazy lasagna I used ground turkey because it’s lighter and can be flavored very well. I made a spice mix of my own to see how it works out, and the result was great! So yes, do yourself a favor and use ground turkey, you won’t regret it.
Well, that’s it! Make this cheesy lazy lasagna and start enjoying the new season!
Looking for more deliciousness?
- Teriyaki Chicken Loaded Sweet Potatoes
- One Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Juicy One Pan Meatballs
- Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Cheesy Lazy One Pot Lasagna
This cheesy lazy lasagna is the answer to "What should I make tonight?". It's made with ingredients that are already at hand plus a shortcut!
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 12 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 jar Homestyle Ragu thick and hearty mushroom pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 oz lasagna noodles half of a pack
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix all the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in deep pan or a pot. Saute ground turkey until cooked through. Add half of the spice mix and saute for a minute or two. Take ground turkey out of the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same pan and saute onion until translucent. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add in cooked turkey and stir. Add Ragu pasta sauce and water. Bring to boil, turn the heat to low and keep it simmering on low.
- Break the lasagna noodles in half and add them to the sauce. Try to have the sauce cover the noodles. Cover the pan and simmer until the noodles are cooked.
- Uncover and let it simmer for 2 -3 minutes, add shredded mozzarella cheese and cover until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.