A healthier version of an all-time favorite, this One Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta is great for weeknight dinners and is ready in less than 40 minutes!
So, we are still in Ithaca.
And super busy with everything. I’m still working on my first cookbook and other projects that I have. Blogging is way more work than one would think, but you know what? I love every little bit of it.
As I told you before, these days I try to make food that’s ready in less than 40 minutes but are still delicious and fun to eat, like these sriracha lime shrimp wraps or my super-delicious-can’t-get-enough turkey meatball curry. I guess all I’m trying to say is that easy and quick food doesn’t have to be boring, if the right ingredients are used.
Other quick meals you can find here:
- 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken
- Cheesy Lazy One Pot Lasagna
- Chicken Chorizo Rice Skillet
- Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- Easy Caprese Gnocchi
- Lemon Ginger Shrimp Orzo
In case of this one pan chicken parmesan pasta I used Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce to save time without sacrificing the flavor because this sauce has a special blend of herbs, including basil and oregano, that taste great. That made my life easier as the only spice I added was a pinch of salt. Ragu adds a fresh taste to my pasta as it’s made with ripe tomatoes and does’t use artificial colors or flavors, which make this sauce taste like it’s homemade – which is just how we like our food to be.
I decided to make this one pan chicken pasta a little bit healthier by not breading the chicken, and also saved time in cooking by cutting the chicken into small pieces. I just sauteed onion and then added the chicken pieces, sauteed the chicken until it was golden brown, then added the thick Ragu sauce and some water, the pasta (I used rotini because that’s what I had at hand), covered and simmered for almost 20 minutes until pasta was cooked and the sauce was perfectly mixed with chicken and pasta.
I also used parmigiano reggiano that I grated myself and, oh my, there is a big difference between store-bought grated parmigiano reggiano and a block of it that you grate yourself. It just tastes fresher, nicer and bolder. After doing this once, I’m totally getting parmigiano reggiano blocks from now on and grating them freshly myself. I think I have to do the same with mozzarella. For this recipe I used pre-packaged grated mozarella but I’m sure freshly grated mozzarella will do some good to this one pan chicken parmesan pasta!
Oh by the way, you see the basil leaves on the pasta? Kyle’s friend, Ryan, has planted them. He is in Brazil now so we are enjoying fresh basil everyday!
Tools used in this one pan chicken parmesan pasta:
I’m having a plate of this fabulous one pot chicken parmesan pasta as I’m writing this post, and I can tell you that we have been having it for two days straight (it’s ok to reheat it) and would have more if we already hadn’t finished it!
This post contains affiliate links.
One Pan Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounce pasta I used rotini
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or more
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onion until golden brown.
- Add in chicken breast pieces and saute until the color has changed to light brown, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce and water. Stir and add in pasta. cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until pasta is cooked. uncover and let it simmer until the sauce is thick and reduced.
- Top with parmigiano reggiano and mozzarella, cover and cook for 1 minute until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm.
Looking for more quick and easy meals?