Roasted vegetable pasta is a delicious weeknight meal that's bursting with amazing flavors. This vegetarian pasta recipe is easy, quick and perfect for a family meal.
Even though I consider myself a devoted carnivore, our vegetarian recipes are always popular. From our Mediterranean pizza recipe to one pot tomato rice and avocado caprese sandwich, you've been loving and trying our veggie recipes and now, it's time for one of my favorites: roasted vegetable pasta!
Roasted vegetable pasta, a perfect weeknight dinner
There are times that we're craving a delicious dinner that we can make with fresh ingredients and we don't want to spend too much time making it. This vegetarian pasta recipe calls for tons of veggies that are flavored with a boatload of garlic to give a unique, restaurant-quality taste.
What do I need to make roasted vegetable pasta?
First and foremost, you need pasta! You also need all the veggies you can find; here we used a combination of late summer veggies that go well together:
- Brussels sprouts
- Cherry tomatoes
And here is a fun offer: Spend $15 on any Collezione products between 9/6/18 and 11/26/18 and receive a $5 reward!
How to make pasta with roasted vegetables
Start with chopping the veggies, make sure to chop them properly (not too small or big) so they roast evenly. Mix the vegetables with olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning and roast them in the oven at 400F for 25 minutes.
Cook pasta according to the packaging and set aside. Once the veggies are cooked completely, mix them with the pasta and some more olive oil. Serve warm and enjoy your delicious dinner!
Can I turn this into roasted vegetable pasta salad?
Yes! To make roasted vegetables pasta salad, follow the instructions as you do for roasted vegetable pasta, but let the roasted vegetables and pasta come to room temperature before mixing them. Once you mix the pasta and vegetables, refrigerate for one hour and then serve cold with some extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.
This pasta with vegetables is a great choice for weeknight dinners and times that you want a delicious homemade meal that comes together in no time and is loaded with veggies!
Notes and tips for making roasted vegetable pasta
- Cut the vegetables into chunks that are not too big or too small. Different vegetables cook differently so make sure that the harder veggies are cut smaller and softer ones like onions are cut into bigger chunks so they roast evenly.
- If you like your pasta with even more flavor, add homemade pasta sauce to the pasta while adding the veggies.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to three days.
- You can use other vegetables such as mushrooms in this recipe too.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 onion chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 carrots sliced
- 3 cups brussels sprouts halved
- 1 Italian eggplant chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 zucchini chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pack Penne
- Preheat the oven to 400F and coat a baking sheet with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix minced garlic and olive oil.
- Add onion, carrots, brussels sprouts, eggplant, zucchini, peppers and tomatoes to the bowl and coat everything with the oil and garlic mixture.
- Spread the vegetables on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook Penne according to the packaging and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, mix them with cooked pasta and season accordingly.
- Serve warm.