These Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken tenders are easy and super delicious. Delicious parmesan chicken tenders baked in the oven are crispy, easy and ready in no time.
Chicken is always a good option for dinner because it's so easy to prepare. There are so many great chicken recipes on the blog such as Chicken and Walnut Puff Pastries , Orange Roasted Chicken, Pomegranate Pineapple Chicken and Chicken Parmesan Pasta and they're all great options for a simple weeknight dinner.
These are baked! Yes, we bake almost everything and they still taste just as good, but without the guilt! How awesome is that?
Why this garlic parmesan chicken tenders recipe works?
I'm a big fan of tasty food that doesn't take long to put together and this baked garlic parmesan chicken recipe never disappoints me because:
- It doesn't take long to come together and is easy to make - and of course delicious.
- They tastes exactly like the fried version but healthier. These crispy baked chicken tenders are so good!
- You can serve them with so many different sides for an easy dinner.
I can't wait to show you how to make these parmesan chicken tenders. They're so simple to make and the fact that you're not going to end up with a greasy kitchen makes them even more appealing. Make sure you have all your ingredients are ready and if you're using frozen chicken, make sure it's fully thawed and then cut it into tender-size pieces.
How to set up a breading station
Once you have all your ingredients ready, it's time to set up your dredging aka breading station. To do so, you need three shallow bowls or shallow aluminum or stainless containers. In one bowl mix the flour and grated parmesan. Crack the eggs in one of the bowls, add the milk and garlic powder and whisk well. In the last bowl place the toasted bread crumbs or panko bread crumbs and some salt. I usually prefer to add a little bit of salt to each bowl to make sure the chicken is well seasoned. Dredge the chicken tenders one by one first into the flour, then dip chicken the eggs, and finally the bread crumbs. Sometimes, I do the first two steps twice to have a thicker coating. Place the breaded chicken on the baking sheet coated with cooking spray and bake in the oven.
How long to bake garlic parmesan chicken tenders
This completely depends on how big and thick the tenders are, but the baking time for these baked chicken tenders is usually between 20 to 25 minutes.
What to serve with garlic parmesan chicken strips
I love a side of walnut raisin coleslaw for these chicken tenders. You can also serve them with some garlic butter mashed potatoes or Mediterranean oven roasted vegetables. You can dip these baked chicken tenders in delicious dipping sauces like a simple tomato sauce or sweet and sour sauce dip or honey mustard bbq sauce.
Can I use chicken breast for this recipe?
Absolutely. That's what I did. Chicken tenders can be a bit pricey but you can easily cut a chicken breast into tender size pieces and use them to make this baked chicken strips.
Can I make baked chicken tenders ahead of time?
Yes! You can make these chicken tenders ahead of time by properly breading them, then place them on a baking sheet line with parchment paper and freeze for about two hours until fully frozen, then place them in a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to two months. Once you're ready to bake them, preheat the oven to 400 and pace them on a baking sheet. When the oven if hot, bake them for about 30-35 minutes until they're fully cooked. Cooking time may vary.
This post may contain affiliate link.
Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 1 whole chicken breast cut into thin tenders
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ can tomato sauce
- 1 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and pour the bread crumbs in the pan. Stir continuously until golden brown. Set aside.
- Start a dredging station. In a shallow bowl (or a pie pan) mix the flour, a bit of salt and parmesan. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, some salt milk and garlic powder, and place the pan with bread crumbs and some salt next to them in one line.
- Start by coating the chicken tenders in the flour, then dip in whisked eggs and coat with bread crumbs on both sides. place on the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining tenders.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with a dipping sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and serve.
- You can serve these chicken tenders with french fries, mashed potatoes or salad.
- You can use either chicken tenders or sliced chicken breast for this recipe.