Have a fancy homemade meal in twenty minutes! Make this Easy Caprese Gnocchi so your entire family can enjoy a delicious meal together.
Happy Monday, Hope you’ve started a good week!
I’m trying to keep upbeat and positive! Especially in light of the weather in Boston, if we don’t keep ourselves happy the weather will affect us and we will feel down. I mean, it’s mostly grey days and cold nights, what can help us with that?
I have an answer: some good, warm, homemade food, like this easy caprese gnocchi!
Our family is fairly new so we are starting our own traditions and one of our winter traditions is gnocchi! We both love gnocchi because of its pillowy texture and how it works so well with different types of sauce, whether white or red.
Also, it’s easy to make a vegetarian dish using gnocchi and this easy caprese gnocchi is one delicious vegetarian dish that we can eat all winter long, because it comes together in 20 minutes! Because when it’s super cold and we are hungry, the last thing we want to do is to spend a long time in the kitchen making dinner. That’s why we love using RAGÚ® Homestyle Sauce. It saves us so much time without sacrificing quality or flavor.
To make this easy caprese gnocchi I used only four ingredients, guys, four ingredients only:
- RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
That’s it! Cook the gnocchi, heat the sauce, add the cooked gnocchi to the sauce, then add the mozzarella and once it’s melted, add the basil and voila, you have a wonderful dinner that feels fancy but only took 20 minutes to come together.
Just the idea of soft warm gnocchi smothered in Homestyle Traditional sauce makes me think about bundling up on the couch, wrapped in my favorite blanket and holding a warm bowl of easy caprese gnocchi, watching my favorite TV show (of course, Friends) and enjoying every bite!
Easy Caprese Gnocchi
- 1 pack Gnocchi
- 3/4 jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 5-6 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Cook gnocchi according to the package (Cook in boiling water until they float on top, about 3-4 minutes)
- Heat RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce in a skillet, add cooked gnocchi and mix using a spatula.
- Top with mozzarella slice, cover until the cheese is melted.
- Top with basil, turn the heat off and serve warm.