Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry is a simple yet very delicious choice for weeknight dinners. All the flavor is in the special sauce made from basic ingredients!
The rush and love of a brand new year is always exciting!
We are still in Seattle and we are thinking about where to go next. It's settled that we are not going back to Boston right away, we will probably spend some time in the South. It's warmer there and I'm sure we all agree that Southern food is excellent. All the Cajun, Creole and barbecue... I would walk miles for that!
But before and after the southern feast, we need to eat a little bit healthier otherwise we will carry the guilt with us all through the trip. And guilt is not my favorite thing to carry as I'm already packing clothes, books and my Christmas presents!
From my healthy recipes, these are my favorites: Baked Falafels with Tahini Yogurt Sauce, Cauliflower Potato Curry, Teriyaki Pineapple Salmon, and Turmeric Ginger Red Lentil Soup. All of these recipes are super easy and very tasty. I know many of us are not that excited to get into the kitchen and cook up a storm after all the holiday parties and after parties and leftover parties, so having some recipes like these that are light and also come together in no time can be a blessing. I'm adding a new recipe to this collection: chicken asparagus stir fry. There are three main ingredients cooked in a delicious basic sauce - served on its own or over rice or noodles. The magic is in the sauce!
Fresh asparagus would work best for this recipe but, as I have always said, don't limit yourself to what you see on the screen. Go and explore. You don't have asparagus? Use broccoli. No broccoli? Go for brussels sprouts. Not that? Mushrooms, green beans, whatever you feel that you will like.
This recipe is just a canvas, you are the artist. Enjoy the ride 🙂
Chicken Asparagus Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ¾ cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch about 30 asparagus, cut into pieces
- Stir corn starch and water, set aside.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a small sauce pan, bring to simmer, add in the cornstarch and water, bring to boil and stir for 3-5 minutes util a bit thickened.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat, saute onion until golden brown. Add in chicken pieces and turn the heat to medium high until chicken is brown on all sides and almost cooked through.
- Add in asparagus. Cook for 5 minutes. Add in the sauce, stir well and cook for 10 minutes until the asparagus and chicken is cooked completely.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.