Baked Cajun Chicken Nuggets are perfect for parties or as a light meal. They are perfectly baked in the oven and by using a very simple technique, your fingers won't get all sticky!
Let's talk baked food.
Personally, I love eating healthier but there is no way that I sacrifice flavor. Because it's all about flavor in the end. Most of the time, if a recipe calls for deep frying, I just bake it. The result is always delicious and I save myself the hassle of cleaning the oil spots and the guilt of eating fried food.
Trust me, these baked cajun chicken nuggets are so good, you won't even think of frying them. Of course you're free to fry them if you want to, but my preference is always baked.
Now, why cajun? You may know that we have been to the south a couple of times in 2016 and if you follow me on Instagram, you can see I post about the trips in my stories. My love for cajun seasoning is undeniable and that's why I decided to share this delicious recipes with you.
We are travelling around the South again and I cannot wait to eat so much cajun and creole! I'm obsessed with cajun and you'll see more cajun flavored goodies on the blog soon. But for now, let me tell you about these baked cajun chicken nuggets. I used a store bought cajun seasoning because I'm not experienced enough with cajun to make my own seasoning. But if you have a favorite cajun seasoning recipe, please share it with me so I learn, too!
One simple technique to keep your hands clean while making nuggets is using Ziploc bags! You need two Ziploc bags and one bowl. Put all purpose flour in one bag, breadcrumbs in another and whisk the eggs in the bowl. Transfer the seasoned chicken pieces to the flour bag, then dumb them in whisked eggs and turn them around using a fork them transfer them to the bag with breadcrumbs and shake very well. Place the nuggets on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
You'll have the best baked cajun chicken nuggets in no time with minimal effort!
Baked Cajun Chicken Nuggets
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 whole chicken breast cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning more if you like it spicier
- Preheat then oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Place all purpose flour and salt in a large ziploc bag, set aside.
- Place breadcrumbs in another large ziploc bag and set aside.
- Mix chicken pieces with cajun seasoning, transfer them into the all purpose flour bag, close the bag and shake well so they are coated.
- Transfer the chicken pieces to the bowl with eggs and using a fork, turn the around so they are coated with eggs.
- Transfer the chicken nuggets to the breadcrumbs bag, close the bag and shake very well until they are completely coated with breadcrumbs.
- Place the nuggets on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until they are fully cooked.
- Serve warm with a dipping sauce (I used barbecue sauce)