This Avocado Lentil Salad has all the things that are good for you! It comes together in no time and is very filling and delicious. Make a big batch and enjoy it through the week!
I’ve got some news.
Remember when I told you that we will be going back to Istanbul to see my family?
Well, things change.
We have cancelled our trip and that was my suggestion. I just can’t do it now, after what happened last week and my heart goes to all who lost a loved one. If you are still reading this post, please, just take a moment and send your love and prayers to those families and anyone who is affected by these things around the world.
Istanbul is full of memories for me. Aside being a gorgeous and mesmerizing city, Istanbul is where I moved to become independent and “grow up”, where I found the love of my life, and where he proposed to me and where we got married. We got married on the Bosphorus, and I can tell you that it was the most beautiful day of my life. Istanbul hosted us as we were waiting for my visa for the US to arrive. I found my best friends there.
Istanbul was, is, and always will be home to both of us.
But now plans have changed for us and we made one of the most difficult decisions in our life. Luckily we got refunds on most of the expenses (Thank you Air Canada). But the sadness of not seeing my family for a long time is choking me up. I am so thankful that the man I married, is also my best friend and always a pillar of strength for our family.
Anyway, now that plans have changed, we are thinking of being on the road for the next 4 weeks and that is exciting. We still don’t have a clear plan but we know we will be on the road. So if you haven’t added me on Snap Chat (Unicornskitchen), please do because I will be posting tons of good stuff there!
Now, shall we talk about this super delicious avocado lentil salad?
Lentils. I like them a lot. They are hearty and easy to cook and work with. This avocado lentil salad is a great way to add lentils to your meal menu. It’s also great to make for parties and gatherings as it can be made in advance.
You can even cook a big batch of lentils in advance and make this avocado lentil salad fresh whenever you want to serve it as it comes together so quickly.
As I’m finishing this post, seems that our plan is quite certain for our 4-week road trip. Stay tuned!
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Strips
- Maman’s Chicken Frittata
- Mediterranean Green Lentil Soup
- Red Lentil Soup Recipe
Avocado Lentil Salad
- 1 1/2 cup green lentils
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 big red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped olives black and green, or your choice
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lime juice about 3 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more if you like
- Cook lentils with water for 25 to 30 minutes until fully cooked. Drain and let cool completely.
- While the lentils are cooling, dice the red bell pepper and red onion.
- cut the avocados in to half and take the pit out. If the hole in the avocado is not big enough, scoop out some more flesh to have a bigger hole.
- In a large bowl, mix cooled lentils, bell pepper, red onion, chopped parsley and olives.
- To make the vinaigrette, mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and pour it over the salad.
- Scoop the salad in the avocados. Or just enjoy it as it is.