This Cheesy Shakshuka is bursting with flavor! A few ingredients and so little time is all you need to have a great breakfast or brunch on the table!
You know how I'm all about oatmeal and avocado for the mornings but change is necessary in every household!
Breakfast is very important for us, as it is the beginning of the day and for me, if I don't have a good breakfast, it's not going to be easy to have a good day. That's why many morning we have our Avocado Toast boats.
We are all about comfort, easy food that is fuss and stress free yet delicious and good-looking. Therefore this cheesy shakshuka is right up our alley!
"Cheesy Shakshuka can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner!"
Awesome? I know. We have it at least once a week!
It's quite similar to a type of breakfast we have in Iran called "Omlet" (yes, omelet), for Omelet we mix in the eggs but in this cheesy shakshuka, I just let the eggs cook for a couple of minutes so they still have runny yolks.
And cheese? Well cheese makes everything better right? A little bit of mozzarella and a little bit of Parmesan never hurts!
I also added one of my favorite spices, turmeric, but you can just omit it if you don't have it at hand. I like it because it gives a nice taste and color to the dish. We like our cheesy shakshuka without any watery tomato juice in it and that's why I let all the water evaporates.
You can serve Shakshuka with toasted bread, we prefer French bread but any type of bread will work. Just dip it in this cheesy shakshuka and enjoy your meal!
Fuss-free, easy, tasty and good-looking, shaksuka is all about comfort!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ big onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Saute onion for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add chopped bell pepper and saute for 3 more minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes and spices. Let it cook until thickens and excess water evaporates.
- Break the eggs into the pan and cover for 2-3 minutes until eggs are cooked but have runny yolks.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan on top and let the cheese melt.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately with toasted bread.