I just love chocolate. It’s like the remedy for everything! When I’m happy, I eat chocolate, when I’m sad, I eat chocolate, when I’m bored, I eat chocolate, when I’m excited, well guess what? I eat chocolate!!
My family loves chocolate baked goods, whether it’s brownies, chocolate cake, fudge, you name it, we love it!!
So this time when I was in Istanbul, Turkey (long story, will write about it soon) and my family visited us, I decided to make these amazing chocolate chip muffins that are just so easy and delicious, when you take a bite, you feel the melted chocolate chips and the bliss of a whole chocolate taste!
These muffins remain fresh in a container up to four days, of course if they last! We ate them all in one day!
Chocolate chip chocolate muffins
- 100 grams butter room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 packet baking powder equals to 2 tsp
- 1 cup bitter sweet mini chocolate chips milk chocolate chips will be fine too
- Preheat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Stir the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, add vanilla and eggs one by one and mix after each.
- Add the yogurt and mix until just combined.
- Add the milk and flour mixture in sequence, start and finish with the flour mixture, DO NOT over mix or your muffins won’t rise as much. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Check if they’re baked using a toothpick, if the toothpick comes out clean with little crumbles, then your muffins are ready.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then serve.