Take the good old sub sandwich to a whole new level by making Meatball Sub Pizza! Kids and adults both love this easy family meal!
Please show me one person that doesn't love pizza. I know, it's impossible.
Family meals are important to us. The best time of the day is when everyone sits together at the table and have a meal together. Big or small, family meals are the best!
Now that the school is almost over - if you have kids - you are probably entering a new period of time that includes a lot of:
"Can I order pizza?"
"What? I can't have pizza 5 times a week? That's outrageous!"
And if you're just not in the mood of making pizza dough from scratch and all, this meatball sub pizza will be totally up your alley. Trust me, 20 minutes is all you need. Because this meal is made with hoagie rolls and Cooked Perfect® Italian Style with Parmesan and Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs.
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are great for dinner. They're fully cooked and come in four unique flavors: Italian Style Beef & Pork, Korean BBQ Beef & Pork, Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken, and Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs. They also come with a convenient microwaveable steam pouch that allows you to heat them in just minutes, though I used the oven for this recipe.
Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are all made with select meat, real cheese and savory herbs; there are no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives. They're flame broiled and therefore, once heated, you will have these perfect juicy meatballs full of flavor.
To make meatball sub pizza, you need Cooked Perfect fresh Italian Style meatballs with parmesan and mozzarella, marinara sauce, red onion, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese. And, of course, fresh basil. The meatballs are filled with real cheese which makes them so delicious.
I used Spicy Shrimp Marinara Linguine for marinara sauce.
You'll love this meatball sub pizza because:
- It's quick to put together. With Cooked Perfect fresh meatballs, your cooking time will be less than 25 minutes as there's no thawing time required.
- It's simple to make. Even your kids can make this. Just a few ingredients and some oven time. Voila, dinner is served.
- It's kid friendly. Again, show me one person who doesn't like pizza in any shape or form. Everyone loves a good carb, cheese and tomato sauce combo!
You can even make this recipe in a bigger batch for a party or a sleepover. It's way better than ordering or taking that 100-year-old frozen pizza out of the freezer. Meatball sub pizza will be your favorite go-to dinner!
Changes you can make in this meatball sub pizza recipe:
- Use store bought marinara sauce instead of homemade.
- Use a long baguette or French bread instead of hoagies.
- Leave the onion out or add some chopped bell peppers instead.
Some of our family favorite meals:
Meatball Sub Pizza
- 1 pack Cooked Perfect® Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs
- 4 small hoagie rolls cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup marinara sauce homemade or store bought
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Take the meatballs out of the packaging. Set them aside.
- Spread Marinara on the hoagie rolls, top with meatballs, red onion and shredded mozzarella. Then place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Top with grated parmesan and fresh basil.
- Serve immediately.