Say good bye to boring breakfast. This Sweet and Spicy Breakfast toast is here to help you start a delicious day. Start the day with a kick of salsa for more flavor!
Because sometimes, breakfast needs a little kick!
This post is sponsored by La Victoria. All opinions are mine.
By now you probably know that we love breakfast. From our Ultimate Overnight Oatmeal to Nutella Cocoa Oatmeal to our favorite Baked French Toast with Berry Compote, breakfast is always an important part of our day and diversity is important to us. We just don’t like to have the same breakfast for the rest of our lives when we know the possibilities are endless!
Well this time, we have something different: sweet and spicy breakfast toast!
So you are most probably familiar with egg and avocado toast. But have you ever tried adding something spicy to it? It changes it for the better, trust me. Therefore, we added La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa which gave the breakfast toast just the right amount of spiciness with a kick of sweetness! It’s a very delicious combination!
See how perfect that avocado turned out? Every time I cut into a perfect avocado, I know I’ll be crying tears of happiness because, let’s face it, who doesn’t love that perfect avocado?
To make this toast, I used French bread as it was what we had available. But, feel free to use any other type of bread. In fact, the other day I saw marble rye bread in the supermarket and I bet that would be awesome for this type of toast! I also fried the eggs and had the yolk quite runny, but any type of egg would work perfectly such as scrambled or poached. I’m not sure about boiled, though. And salsa? Add as much Mango Habanero Salsa to this sweet and spicy toast as you like since it’s the star!
For summer days, that are hot and you just want something light for breakfast, these sweet and spicy breakfast toasts are a great choice!
Have a happy summer!
Looking for more deliciousness?
- Persian Spinach and Eggs – Nargesi
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Stuffed Pancakes
- Nutella Cocoa Oatmeal
- BREAKFAST TACOS
- Chocolate Covered Stuffed Dates
Sweet and Spicy Breakfast Toast
- 2 thick slices of French Bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 avocado halved
- 1/2 cup La Victoria Mango Habanero Salsa
- Toast the French Bread Slices in a toaster or use the broil of the oven. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan. Once the pan is hot, break the eggs into the pan and fry them sunny side up for 5 -6 minutes.
- Thinly slice half of the avocado.
- Put one slice of toasted bread on each plate and top it with fried egg, avocado and salsa.
- Sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top (optional)