This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieNewYear #CollectiveBias
This Breakfast Tacos Recipe is an easy one that's perfect for any day of the week. Colorful veggies with avocado, salsa and a sunny side up egg make the best breakfast that everyone loves.
Isn't breakfast the best part of the day? And the quickest? I bet we all have rushed breakfast at some point in our lives, or just got a pastry or a muffin full of "not so good for you" nutrients on our way out. Well, that's about to change.
Because today, I'm showing you how to make these delicious breakfast tacos in only 30 minutes! I think we all love breakfast tacos, I mean, what's not to love? Tons of flavor on a tiny tortilla with some eggs and fresh avocados! This homemade vegetarian recipe for breakfast tacos is one I suggest you always have on hand as it's perfect for weekdays and weekends alike.
To make this breakfast tacos I used MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties Value Pack. It's a good option to help you reach your wellness goals in the new year as I know we all have that new year's resolution going on!
Click Here for savings from Ibotta:
MorningStar Farms® veggie sausage with plant protein power is the better way to start the morning off right, I would say you've got to taste it to believe it! You could also use MorningStar Farms® Sausage Links to make this recipe. And don't think that MorningStar Farms® products are only for vegetarians, they're for everyone!
MorningStar Farms® is like a "veggie-cuisine", it's good for families and busy working people especially because the products don't need thawing. You can have these sausage patties ready from freezer to plate in almost 10 minutes. With MorningStar Farms® it's so easy to substitute veggie for meat in a meal and have a quick meal that helps us through a healthier lifestyle journey.
More breakfast recipes to try:
- Sweet and Spicy Breakfast Toast
- Persian Spinach and Eggs
- Best Vegetable Strata
- Almond Coconut Breakfast Smoothie
- Baked Eggs with Sausage and Mushrooms
What is special about this breakfast tacos recipe?
This is a healthier version of breakfast tacos that's is full of amazing flavors. With only four tablespoons of olive oil and a lot of veggies, these breakfast tacos are so hard to resist. The golden sunny side up egg, salsa and avocado are added to these delicious breakfast tacos to bring more flavor and texture. These tacos are also great for a crowd! All you have to do is to make everything separately and have warm tortillas. Everyone can make their own breakfast tacos with any fixings they like and enjoy a full, satisfying breakfast together!
What goes into breakfast tacos?
- Veggies: Use any veggies you love and know would go well together. Onions and peppers are what we usually prefer to serve for tacos. Other vegetables such as mushrooms, spinach, cauliflower and butternut squash would taste great, too.
- Eggs: Depending on your liking, you can make the eggs sunny side up, scrambled, hard boiled or my favorite, poached!
- Fixings: This is my favorite part and I usually go crazy here. You can start with some chunks of avocados, a couple dollops of your favorite salsa, tomato or verde, and maybe some cheese and sour cream, whatever pleases you.
This breakfast tacos recipe is so easy to modify:
- If you prefer a full veggie breakfast packed with colorful delicious vegetables, make breakfast tacos without eggs. It's going to be super delicious!
- I prefer these with flour tortillas as they're easier to handle but you're more than welcome to have breakfast tacos with corn tortillas.
- If you're looking for more flavor and texture, breakfast tacos with refried beans are the way to go! I like the refried beans warm with a lot of onion and peppers.
Breakfast Tacos Recipe
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Thinly Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 ½ tsp Taco Seasoning
- 8 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 6 Eggs
- 6-8 Flour or Corn Tortillas
- 1 cup Salsa
- 2 Avocados Diced
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Once the oil in warm, saute onion and peppers until onion is translucent and peppers are a bit soft. Add taco seasoning and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onions and peppers to a plate and set aside.
- Place the MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties in the pan over medium heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side. No thawing is needed. Once cooked, cut the sausages into small pieces.
- Fry the eggs sunny side up using the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan or in the microwave. Top with some onion and peppers.
- Add some MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties pieces on top.
- Top with a sunny side up egg, salsa and avocado.
- Serve warm.
You can find MorningStar Farms® Products at Walmart.