Vegetable Strata Recipe always is a winner! This strata is full of vegetables and is a complete breakfast or brunch that needs minimal preparation.
Breakfast is always a big part of our day, what about you?
Post is sponsored by Mann’s Fresh Vegetables. All opinions are mine as always. Thank you for supporting brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen.
Brunch time is such a fun part of weekends, or weekdays if you’re like me and are always ready to have brunch. I love egg dishes such as Nargesi for brunch and sometimes I like to jazz things up so today we are going to check out my favorite vegetable strata recipe.
What is a strata?
Strata a breakfast or brunch casserole that consists mainly of bread, eggs and cheese. And then you can add vegetables or meat, such as sausage to the strata. I would say it’s like a savory bread pudding.
Vegetable strata recipe is a very easy one that I always have at hand because I can prepare it very quickly and have it on the table for brunch with a side of fruit and some coffee.
Why is this vegetable strata recipe a keeper?
- It requires very few ingredients and very minimal preparation.
- It’s packed with vegetables, thanks to Mann’s Fresh Vegetables.
- It’s all made and served in the same dish.
- It’s full of delicious flavors and is perfect for large gatherings because you can easily double and triple the recipe.
- This is an elevated version of the basic strata that brings so much flavor to the brunch table.
“This is the best vegetable strata recipe is great for brunch!”
Notes and tips for this vegetable strata recipe:
- You can make this recipe either right away or prepare it ahead of time and store it in the fridge. If making it ahead of time, make sure to place the dish on the counter as the oven is being heated.
- I used chicken sausage for this recipe, you can easily substitute it with vegetarian sausage or simply leave it out completely.
- Sourdough is great for strata especially if it’s a day old. You can also use sliced bread instead of sourdough.
- The cooking time is between 45 minutes to an hour. If the cheese is melted and golden after 30 minutes, cover loosely with foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Looking for more breakfast and brunch recipes?
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- Baked Eggs with Sausage and Mushroom
- Mediterranean Deviled Eggs
- The Best Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Breakfast Toast
- BREAKFAST TACOS
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
The Best Vegetable Strata
This is The Best Vegetable Strata Recipe ever! This strata is full of vegetables and is a complete breakfast or brunch that needs minimal preparation.
- 4 cups Cubed Sourdough
- 1 lb Cooked Chicken Sausage
- 1 pack Mann's Fresh Vegetable Kale Beet Blend
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F. Place an oven safe dish on the table.
Fill the dish with cubed sourdough.
Add cooked sausage and Mann's Fresh Vegetables.
Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Mix in salt and pepper.
Pour the egg mixture on the bread mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.
- You can use soy or vegetarian sausage instead of Chicken sausage for a vegetarian version.
- If you are planning to serve this vegetable strata later, you can prepare it up to pouring the eggs and covering it with aluminum foil, then place it in the fridge and bake it later. For that, preheat the oven to 350F and as the oven is being heated, place the dish on the counter so it comes to room temperature.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.