This Pumpkin Bread Pudding is perfect for both dessert and breakfast. Learn how to make homemade bread pudding with a few ingredients. This bread pudding is served with a coconut maple cream and is jam-packed with fall flavors!
This one is my favorite pumpkin desserts/breakfasts. It's an easy recipe for pumpkin bread pudding that is so soft and gooey, especially when it's warm. It's so difficult to have only a bite!
This year I'm somehow obsessed with fall recipes and pumpkins, I'm posting two pumpkin recipes back to back and, guess what, we are not even halfway through pumpkin season! I can say that one reason for obsession is having the most delicious homemade pumpkin puree that I made from scratch.
Pumpkin bread pudding
The day I made my homemade pumpkin puree, I knew I wanted to make something with pumpkin flavor as soon as possible because the smell and color of the puree was calling my name and capturing my heart. And I was already in the kitchen, trying to divide the homemade pumpkin puree between freezer bags to store them.
Looking around, I saw a brioche bread I had gotten a couple of days ago and I knew neither Kyle nor I was about to eat that. And that's how this easy pumpkin bread pudding came to life.
What kind of bread is used to make bread pudding
You can use almost any kind of bread to make homemade bread pudding. Brioche has a nice buttery texture that makes the this pumpkin bread pudding pretty tasty. You can also use French bread, Italian bread, challah or baguette. Make sure the bread you're using is not fresh. Stale bread always works better as it doesn't get soggy.
How to make pumpkin brioche bread pudding
I cut the brioche into one-inch pieces and placed them in an oven safe dish. Then I mixed my homemade pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, condensed milk (I love condensed milk, so much) and pumpkin pie spice and then poured it over the brioche pieces. Now here is the best part: I let that deliciousness cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours while I finished up some more recipes and cleaned the kitchen.
Then I baked it and this homemade brioche pumpkin bread pudding with condensed milk tasted phenomenal. It was so good, that I just needed to share it with my neighbor otherwise I would have eaten it all myself, no shame.
What to serve pumpkin bread pudding with
This homemade bread pudding recipe comes with a bonus recipe for coconut maple cream. I chilled some coconut cream and mixed it with maple syrup. That gave the bread pudding some extra flavor that you won't be able to say no to. You can also serve this pumpkin bread pudding with caramel sauce. Learn how to make an easy caramel sauce recipe on Serious Eats.
One more thing about this absolutely marvelous pumpkin pecan bread pudding: The leftovers are the best!!!
Notes and tips for this pumpkin bread pudding recipe:
- If brioche isn't available, use any other type of bread you prefer such as white, whole wheat or baguette.
- You can also make this pumpkin bread pudding recipe with canned pumpkin.
- This pumpkin bread pudding recipe doesn't include sugar because of condensed milk. You can leave the condensed milk out, add ¼ cup more milk and ⅓ cup granulated sugar.
- Substitute pecans with walnuts or almonds if preferred.
- You can make this bread pudding ahead of time, cover and store in the fridge and bake it the next day. When you turn the oven on, take the bread pudding out of the fridge and place it on the counter so it comes to room temperature.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?
- HEALTHY BAKED PUMPKIN DONUTS
- THE BEST HEALTHY PUMPKIN BANANA BREAD
- PUMPKIN PIE BROWNIES
- PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN PANCAKES
- challah bread pudding
- Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread
- Croissant Bread Pudding
- Savory Bread Pudding with Sausage and Spinach
Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding
Pumpkin Pecan Bread Pudding
- 1 Brioche cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 ¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Condensed Milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ cup Chopped Pecans
Coconut Maple Cream:
- 3 tablespoon Coconut Cream cold
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Place brioche pieces in a deep oven safe dish (I used a deep pie dish)
- In another bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, condensed milk and pumpkin pie spice. Pour the mixture over brioche pieces.
- Top with pecans, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours (can be overnight)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Take the bread pudding out of the fridge and place it on the counter.
- Once the oven is heated, bake the bread pudding in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Top with coconut maple cream and serve warm.
Coconut Maple Cream:
- Mix coconut cream and maple syrup in a small bowl until incorporated.
You can't have too many pumpkin recipes. And, this one is really special! It came out sooo good! Thanks!
glad you liked it!
This pumpkin bread pudding is the breakfast of champions! But seriously, it's the perfect recipe for a brunch or a sweet treat! I love how gooey it is, and it's perfect for the Fall!
It's so good for fall!
The coconut cream for this just sends it way over the top! I love that you added that, such a good flavor combo and completely different.
Thanks Amy! I actually had more cream than bread pudding haha!
Michelle @ Giraffes Can Bake
Keep those pumpkin recipes coming Shadi, especially if they're even half as good as this! I'm totally drooling over this, I want it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert please!!!
Me too Michelle! This year I'm literally obsessed!