Have the best of both worlds with these Pumpkin Pie Brownies. Gooey brownies topped with pumpkin pie filling and luscious ganache tastes great!
Pumpkin season is finally here!
I've already had my pumpkin spice latte, and I'm planning to visit stores for fall decorations. Yes, we are so ready! And I'm also sharing the first of many pumpkin recipes I'm going to publish this year: brownies with a layer of pumpkin!
I mean, just look at this: three layers of pure deliciousness sitting here in front of you, begging you to get into the kitchen and recreate them. I know, it's too hard to resist. These pumpkin brownie bars are very easy to make. You just need to be paying attention to the cooking time.
These brownies have three layers
- Brownie base
- Pumpkin pie
How to make pumpkin pie brownies
The first step is for the brownies to set so you can pour the pumpkin pie with condensed milk filling on top. Then comes the second part of baking in which brownies will cook completely and the pumpkin pie filling will be fully baked and set too. The center of the pumpkin pie will be a little bit jiggly but that's how it should be.
Next, place the cooled pumpkin brownies in the fridge to cool off completely. Then, make my favorite sour cream ganache and top the brownies with it. And then comes the best part: eating these beauties! Cut them however you like. I usually cut them into 9 large squares.
You can have these pumpkin chocolate bars with coffee, tea or milk for dessert or just as an afternoon treat!
(I also had them for dinner, they tasted awesome!)
Notes and tips for making these pumpkin brownie bars:
- Coat the bottom of your baking pan with nonstick spray and then line with parchment paper. This way the parchment paper won't move.
- Leave two sides of the parchment paper hanging from the sides so you can lift the brownies easily and place them on a cutting board once ready.
- I used semi sweet chocolate chips to make these pumpkin spice brownies and the ganache. Of course, you can use any kind of baking chocolate you prefer.
- Run your sharp knife under hot water, dry with a towel and then cut your brownies to have clean bars.
- Let the pumpkin brownies sit on the counter for 10 minutes before serving them.
Looking for more pumpkin goodness?
- Pumpkin Pie Almond Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie with Chai Spice